Using Malkoff at midnight = LEO visit

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I am checking how my M30 works with the 3xAA configuration and that cool FiveMega body. Stuck 3 new Lithiums in it and wanted to burn the whole set to see if it can handle the voltage. Yes it can. I was delighted to see the Wall of Lite. Impressive at night. Even though not thrilled with the color, I thought M60 was better color wise. But this thing is brighter.

Went to check the garden, my tomatoes were getting eaten by some insect. Next thing I know there is this lite in front of me, and it's not mine. Turns out it's a cop, asking me what I am doing here, etc. He thought the house was getting burglarized.

Now I am standing there in T-shirt and underwear and the 3xAA Malkoff. Told me not to point at him. His was clearly an incan, I wouldn't know what of course, but possibly a SF 6P as a wild guess.

Mental Note:
Next time I want to check my vegetables at midnight, I am taking Infinity Ultra, the red one. Basically an incarnation of the lite that started it all for me almost 10 years ago, how ironic. The white Infi has gotten much brighter though, vs red which stayed about the same.

OPSEC and all that. A discreet tomato rescue mission. Remember, your Malkoffs will impress you *and* others and often not in a positive kind of way.

Policetacteam

Enlightened
What is the difference between colors of the M60 and the M30. Is one cooler or warmer than the other!?! And yes...pants would be much appreciated! :laughing:

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, if you must know, it's boxer underwear which really look like shorts from a distance.

Plus, it's a cost-benefit type of thing. The probability of having visitors at midnight in my garden (other than deer maybe) is so extremely low that it's not worth the extra 30 seconds to put on more formal attire.

But I have become smarter. I am back to the low lumens lites for now, maybe I will get a M60LL, modded to run on 12V and use a 4x123 Leef body with it for mega long runtime.

RE color rendition:

M60 is the warmt (Not the "W" version) just mildly so.

M30 is a typical "LED" you might say, with a hint of "blue" but really overall it's very white. No hints of warm at all. I was a bit disappointed at first but it grows on you. for best color, I take M60, but the ability to use AA cells is ultra cool. (Not pun intended)

You know, I did take shots which are floating around here somewhere...

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
just say its your house, and bring the cop inside for a drink.....that way you make a new friend, who evidently checks out your area alot (and does a good job at that) who you can look to for help should you ever need it.

you may even turn him/her into a new CPF member,sort of a, moswt of my lights are brighter then yours, situation.

Crenshaw

sygyzy

Enlightened
He actually said "Don't point that at me?"

Did he say that as a precaution or were you shining the light at him?

Moonshadow

Enlightened
The OP was in his underwear - perhaps it wasn't just the flashlight the cop didn't want pointed at him !!! :eek:oo:

Neo9710

Newly Enlightened
LOL! Goota give the Officer some Kudo's for looking after you neighborhood. I'd rather be asked..."hey, who are you!" than never be asked...

Fooboy

Enlightened
just say its your house, and bring the cop inside for a drink.....that way you make a new friend, who evidently checks out your area alot (and does a good job at that) who you can look to for help should you ever need it.

you may even turn him/her into a new CPF member,sort of a, moswt of my lights are brighter then yours, situation.

Crenshaw

Never invite the man into your house.

ImGeo

Newly Enlightened
So what happened at the end? I really want to know how it ended!

Also, you should have pointed it at him :) totally should have

JJay03

Newly Enlightened
Thats pretty hilarious I would like to see how the m30 with 3xAA compares to the m60 on 123's. I looked at some 123's at meijer today and they wanted over 7 dollars a cell I couldnt believe it. I know you can get them cheaper online but its still insane. How much do the lithium aa's cost?

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats pretty hilarious I would like to see how the m30 with 3xAA compares to the m60 on 123's. I looked at some 123's at meijer today and they wanted over 7 dollars a cell I couldnt believe it. I know you can get them cheaper online but its still insane. How much do the lithium aa's cost?

There is a thread floating around in 'batteries and chargers' sub-forum... 50 cents each.. exp date 2023, all measured 1.75V.

I scored a large quantity of 123s (hundreds) -- also worked out to about the same.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
p.s. yeah I really need a low mode with these SFs and pseudo-SFs like the 3xAA.

Yet I didn't realy like any of the aftermarket mods available.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still can't figure out why people think burglars carry bright flashlights. Don't they work in the dark?

Moonshadow

Enlightened
Yeh, that's what Mrs MS often says when we're out for a walk:

"Don't shine your torch, people will think we're burglars !! "

Right . . . because if I were a burglar, that's what I'd do, draw attention to myself by shining a really bright light all over the place. :ohgeez: