lf3xt waterproofness ?

lumen_eater

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for an new edc light (I'm currently using an tk20 which is a little bulky for edc use)
and the lf3xt seems to be an awesome light. except for the one thing that I'm not sure if its waterproof .
I know that in most cases I wont need it to be waterproof as an edc but I would like to know that my light could go trough everything I could go trough without getting damaged (better have it and don't need it than not having it and needing it).
So : is the lf3xt waterproof to an extend that I could use it in a depth of about 1 meter for an short period of time without damaging it ?

Also excuse my bad English:shakehead

greetings from Germany

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I think it would to safe for a short immersion, as long as the o-ring on the switch is good. I do not think you should plan to operate the light underwater. Pushing the switch would probably allow some water to enter. I have not tested mine, so it might be okay at 1 meter.

Geoff

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Liteflux only mentions "waterproof" without any (silly) IPX68 or else.

I didn't test mine either and I won't, as I only use it in the house, it'll stay dry. The built quality is very good, the o-ring on the boy seems OK, the whole light looks like it has at least the same waterproofness like a comparable Fenix, Olight or whatever, who claim IPX-8.

I agree with Flying Turtle, never operate a switch under water, as the LF3XT has a kinda special switch it could be that water immediately enters if you press it.