led drop ins to fit surefire 6p

lonewolf21

Newly Enlightened
i normally use malkoff bulbs, but am curious what other aftermarket bulbs are out there. is malkoff the best? who else makes quality, bright, affordable bulbs.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
i normally use malkoff bulbs, but am curious what other aftermarket bulbs are out there. is malkoff the best? who else makes quality, bright, affordable bulbs.

Malkoff is the best. There are 2 other options to try that I have used and had tested by MrGman for actual Lumens in a sphere at his work lab.

1. The $65 Nailbender P7 P60 drop-in made 348 lumens out the front with a IMR 18650, but it did 456 out the front with 2 primaries cr123. The hosts was a Surefire 6P w/UCL lens from lighthound. This drop-in did about 550 out the front as tested by MrGman using a fivemega 3 "C" hosts and 3 "C" Tenergy 5000mAh NiMH cells.

2. The DX MC-E P60 drop-in at $23 dollars from Deal Extreme its a bargain. This one did 350ish lumens with a single IMR 18650 and 150 lumens on low mode. It also did 335ish with a single IMR 16340 on high mode. It has low, med, and strobe.

3. I have not tried the Dereelight MC-E P60 drop-in, but at $62 dollars it too is very affordable.

Please keep in mind that a MC-E or P7 in a P60 type hosts can only be used for 2 to 5 minutes on high, then let it cool. I use cooper tape around the drop-in to help it cool, but even that could be better.

jose

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Malkoff makes LED's, not bulbs.

bulbs= lamps, incandescent type..

Malkoff= LED, LED, and more LED:poke:

lovecpf