noob has his first 'real' light, what next ?

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi guys/gals, ive just recieved my nitecore extreme - WOW thats the only way to sum it up ! its mighty impressive, i started out by upgrading mags - terralux and kd helped there, but then needed something smaller but powerfull, i cant believe this tiny thing puts out the same light as my 2d Q5 mag - i cant even feel it in my pocket LOL
anyways looks like im hooked on single cell lights although im wondering what to get next ? what do you guys think should be the next step?
i was considering the classic 6P - surley its a must for any collection ?
then theres the TK lights although i might swing past wolf eyes for there impressive looking champion.
i think getting a two cell next will give me a flashlight for all situations
any ideas ? sorry about going on a bit im just excited !

Niconical

Enlightened
It depends on your battery options, but some good 2 battery choices might be....

Surefire 6P / G2 / C2 / Z2 (Malkoff drop-in when you're ready)
Fenix TK11 / TK20
Olight M20 Warrior
Any of the Eagletac 2 battery flashlights

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
look for a single 18650 light.
Same size, 1/3 more power in cell, less loose parts
on the long run cheaper - for ppl using their lights

Jetbeam Jet III Pro ultra (or similar ones)

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would suggest a Fenix PD30 its a great 2xCr123 light. For a slightly bigger light I just got a Eagletac T00C2 its comparable to the TK11, but I actually like the T100 better. You can use either 2xCR123 or 1x18650 in it. Its also nearly half the price.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
2 cells? :thinking:
Try Surefire E2DL, Fenix TK11 R2 or Tiablo A10-G.

mpkav

Newly Enlightened
hi guys/gals, ive just recieved my nitecore extreme - WOW thats the only way to sum it up ! its mighty impressive, i started out by upgrading mags - terralux and kd helped there, but then needed something smaller but powerfull, i cant believe this tiny thing puts out the same light as my 2d Q5 mag - i cant even feel it in my pocket LOL
anyways looks like im hooked on single cell lights although im wondering what to get next ? what do you guys think should be the next step?
i was considering the classic 6P - surley its a must for any collection ?
then theres the TK lights although i might swing past wolf eyes for there impressive looking champion.
i think getting a two cell next will give me a flashlight for all situations
any ideas ? sorry about going on a bit im just excited !

I just got my NEX SS bezel also!!! It is a great little light. Time to look for more!!! Past 2 weeks I've added the NEX and Wolf-Eyes Boxer 24w. Where does it end:nana:!!!!!!!!!!

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
Now you need a very floody beam. Any of the Zebralight headlamps (my favorite it the H60) would be a good choice, and if you are in the mood for massive lumens, try one of the 18650 powered multi-die emitters (Seoul P7 or Cree MC-E) such as a Deerelight VBS or similar lights made by other manufacturers.

Although I used to be and still am a fan of the universal AA battery, these days I am only buying 18650 powered lights because of their tremendous capacity and output.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm Have you considered quiting while your ahead?

OK, now that you've rejected that....

I'd consider sticking with single-cell lights, their awesome

If you really want a 2cell light I think I'd suggest the E2DL, search for it at a good price.

If you want to just scream... get a EagleTac M2X with Neutral emitter, and a couple 18650.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm Have you considered quiting while your ahead?

OK, now that you've rejected that....

hahaha yeah ive been playing today, i will get more use out of single cell i think so i will def concentrate there, i will still get A two cell just for when i need somin a bit brighter.
i do like camping so i have browsed the zebra's, they look neat.
dont fancy 18650 only yet, id rather just keep getting the same cells.
i think te 6p's next and WILL get upgraded - makolf :)