SureFire A2 Tailcap

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Ray,

No time for photos but if your tail switch has no reduced diameter shallow grooves on either side of the kunrl, it is the later revision. If the knurl has a groove adjacent to each side of it, it is the earlier version. I have five of the early style and one of the latest; all work great and as advertised.........

- Don

GeoffChan

Enlightened
Just in luck, I haven't sent my bad tail cap back to Surefire yet.

The one on the left is the replacement one.
a2tailcaps.jpg

Geoff

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Apparently, SureFire changed the OD of the new-style tailcap. I was able to obtain a new-style tailcap to replace the older one, but now it's not touching the O-Ring. Does anyone know the size of the O-Ring that I should use with the new tailcap?

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
if i'm not wrong the new-style tailcap is supposed to come with a replacement O-ring that's fatter and seals against the tailcap; try looking in the envelope or get surefire CS to send you one. alternatively if someone has the exact size you could go get your own /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
chamenos said:
if i'm not wrong the new-style tailcap is supposed to come with a replacement O-ring that's fatter and seals against the tailcap; try looking in the envelope or get surefire CS to send you one. alternatively if someone has the exact size you could go get your own /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. My hopes was that someone knew the size, so I could go out and get one.

yclo

Flashaholic*
On the same subject, I have the old style tailcap with one broken metal contact. New one should already be on its way so I'm using it with the old one at the moment.

I'm not sure how much it has been changed, but this old tailcap is being very unstable. Before when I line up the notches, I can on both high and low beams. Now I have to turn it quarter turn after lining up to be able to even activate high beam.

-YC