Burned out Walther Tactical Light - Help

vantage

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Walther Tactical flashlight a while back. The performance was never amazing, but I wanted the Walther light. Some time back I put it in a drawer poorly and must have left it on, because the light has burned out and the bulb has broken off. Luckily, it wasn't hot enough to damage anything else, but I'd like to get it working again.

The bulb was mounted on a plate at the head of the body and doesn't seem to allow replacement bulbs. I figured I would try asking here if anyone had any ideas, or anyone could do the work for me to replace the bulb (maybe even upgrade to a modern LED....).

Here are a couple of pictures. Any assistance or advice would be great.

img5300s.jpg

img5306.jpg

Thanks to everyone in advance.

Illum

Flashaholic
The bulb was mounted on a plate at the head of the body and doesn't seem to allow replacement bulbs.

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

What you might be able to do is see if the lamp will move my using a pair of needle nosed pliers and clamp it on the filament stack, or inserting it into the base then open it and snag it on the inside of the base can.

From the looks of it, the lamp is held down by the plate which is pressed in, try inserting something like a small wooden dowel or steel rod and see if you can ping the plate out from the inside.

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/police_xenon.htm

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like a re-branded "Police" light.

Can you unscrew the bare aluminum retaining plate by putting the tips of needle nose pliers in the two holes adjacent to the bulb?

If that light is what I think it is, you can get a replacement bulb here.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Looks like a re-branded "Police" light.

Can you unscrew the bare aluminum retaining plate by putting the tips of needle nose pliers in the two holes adjacent to the bulb?

If that light is what I think it is, you can get a replacement bulb here.
Exactly my thoughts. Those 2 holes on the bare metal plate are typical of screw on/off assemblies.

vantage

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everyone!

I was able to unscrew the metal base plate, unfortunately, the broken bulb seems to be lodged in there and I am having trouble removing it.

Does anyone know how the bulbs are supposed to come out. I'd be happy to buy a cheap replacement and at least have a working light again.

However, I have to ask, is there anyone that could put a modern led into the base plate? The body is otherwise a pretty solid 2xcr123a platform.

Thanks again.

Casanski

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Walther Tactical flashlight a while back. The performance was never amazing, but I wanted the Walther light. Some time back I put it in a drawer poorly and must have left it on, because the light has burned out and the bulb has broken off. Luckily, it wasn't hot enough to damage anything else, but I'd like to get it working again.

The bulb was mounted on a plate at the head of the body and doesn't seem to allow replacement bulbs. I figured I would try asking here if anyone had any ideas, or anyone could do the work for me to replace the bulb (maybe even upgrade to a modern LED....).

Here are a couple of pictures. Any assistance or advice would be great.

img5300s.jpg

img5306.jpg

Thanks to everyone in advance.
Hi´ I have the exact Walther tactical light. Mine has never given me any problems - but of course it´s not Surefire quality.

I might be able to put an LED into the base plate.

Please feel free to contact me.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Any assistance or advice would be appreciated.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'd advise you to forget about what's printed on the bezel; and get a quality flashlight.

It's sad to see Walther putting their good name on a cheaply-built light that is made by various companies from China. Would have been far better if Walther had Surefire do a run of 6P models with the Walther brand on the bezel.

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't take this the wrong way, but I'd advise you to forget about what's printed on the bezel; and get a quality flashlight.

x2, for $50 you can get a REALLY GOOD LIGHT.

why waste time and money trying to fix a less then great light?

ninjaboigt

Enlightened

It's sad to see Walther putting their good name on a cheaply-built light that is made by various companies from China. Would have been far better if Walther had Surefire do a run of 6P models with the Walther brand on the bezel.

X3 on that...but if it wasnt for that walther light..u might have not come to know the better lights out there...

Monocrom

Flashaholic
X3 on that...but if it wasnt for that walther light..u might have not come to know the better lights out there...

Personally, I found out that there were better lights out there when I saw a Surefire advertisment in a magazine. Every cheap light I ever bought just made me wonder why no one bothered to make better lights. :shrug: