• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Feeler, 1,000 Lumen CL FM-1794 bulbs 1.5mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nite

Enlightened
based on LuxLuthors testing we find the 1.5 mm 628 lumen FM1794 is more like 1,000 lumen at 7.7 volts.
here is his post.

CL FM 1794: 21 watts 7.4 volt is default.
1794-Final-m.jpg

Halogen...Super bright. Custom made.

these are used in FMs Bi pin D26 series adaptors....

Please post your interest. price would be about $10-12 each appx

Im calling CL on monday to see if this can happen.

If you havent heard there are no more left.

I will need more than the 75 bulbs people wanted for the other Custom 43 watt FM bulb that didnt go thru. Minimum order is 250, Id need like more than half....

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I want to confirm performance on practical basis with other known lights, and reserve the right to make further tests or adjustments on what I believe is the correct default lumens. Those of you who already have these bulbs may know and have compared their output to other mods, but I should have an answer & beamshots shortly after receiving parts.

Nite

Enlightened
I want to confirm performance on practical basis with other known lights, and reserve the right to make further tests or adjustments on what I believe is the correct default lumens. Those of you who already have these bulbs may know and have compared their output to other mods, but I should have an answer & beamshots shortly after receiving parts.

Thanks for the qualifier Lux..not asking people to fork over money yet though. CL might have lost the file on this...my investor might not be interested if enough people arent, despite my wanting to keep 50 (5 year supply?) or more for myself so He wont be breaking even anyway....lovecpf

Besides 1,000 lumens is your most conservative estimate..and you said you did the test twice..something twice you never do twice, what was it?
Simply because you couldnt believe your eyes!

if someone wants to sacrifice 8 hours of their ten hour bulb life, they can get 1330 lumens at 7.8 volts appx....but thats not your most conservative estimate!

your tests were consistent?..are u going to sacrifice anymore or just measure?

If I sell these here in Custom BST or in CPFM where much of my time is now spent.....the bulbs will be priced i think by number purchased...the more you buy the more u save....

It seems that I always need twice as many bulbs per winter than I guessed. SO far...:broke:

Nite

Enlightened
the 1,000 (1300 lumen @ 7.8 volts) FM1794 blows the madly overdriven P91 away in price and lumens..about double the light for one third the price.

The p91 is xenon not halogen, it gets blackened fast...using two imrs with a p91 like me 'ay? look at your bulb, its so black i bet. after a few hours of overdrive light output drops and then becomes unreliable. this blackening doesnt happen in Halogen bulbs like FM1794.

MD says these are on the screaming bitter edge!

when used with soft start they seem to last me forever.

for my self defense EDC i switched from P91 x 18500x2 to MOP FM1794 with IMR 16340, its smaller and brighter and these things require only seconds of use in these situations...no need to check votages with two little IMRs unlike the 18500...

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nite - I was going to buy 5 from FM, but if you get this to the point of production, I'll buy 10.

Keeping my fingers crossed. These are great bulbs, and I don't like the feeling of being afraid to use my small stock of spares. And if this comes to fruition, I can change back to my old sigline!... lol.

BTW, can you do something about the graphic? It's highly annoying to be forced to scroll sideways to read a post without maximizing the browser.

Nite

Enlightened
Nite - I was going to buy 5 from FM, but if you get this to the point of production, I'll buy 10.

Keeping my fingers crossed. These are great bulbs, and I don't like the feeling of being afraid to use my small stock of spares. And if this comes to fruition, I can change back to my old sigline!... lol.

BTW, can you do something about the graphic? It's highly annoying to be forced to scroll sideways to read a post without maximizing the browser.

OK edited post 1....no graphic

now i need 19 more people to buy 10 each..no problem right?

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in for 10 - these bulbs rock.

I've got a FM1794 with 2 x 18650, and I'm also running a P91 with 2 imr 16340s - the P91 (at ~$30, only running it because I had it!) is impressive due to the smaller size of the light - but the FM1794 is really bright & throws unreal for the small reflector! When the P91 blows it will be a FM1794 in that light.

Paired with a AW 3 level soft start the FM-1794 is fantastic.

Nite

Enlightened
18 and counting...

soon this will be closed and changed from "feeler" to "commitment to buy"

as long as CL can make them.....find out tomorrow...if they "still have the file"

like I said id be happy to keep 50 for myself. I dont see a reason to run anything other than this with various reflectors cell types and body sizes forever. A soft start is a great dimmer when needed.

Nothing like having halogen lights iny our home, even nicer to have them on a dimmer..

now imagine that $1,500, 110 volt, halogen, minispot, tracklighting in the palm of your hand, in a C series FM or 9P body.

thats what I feel I have in front of me when I walk the dog..for 8 minutes on two IMR 16340...small enuff to have anywhere anytime..

and a spare set of cells in my pocket. two Cr123 sized cells are easy to keep with sucha small light.

Or for long walks, two LiCo 18650 and soft start in an FM or LEEF body.

Ill have to check MDs :bow: guide for runtime, but i use 60% alot so I dont blind myself or my dog, up close 30%....thats in a HS reflector...

In a MOP its throw and blinding power is awesome to behold. In the same league of some of the Mag Mods rated by LuxLuthor Himself:bow:

With a soft start at 60% its still awesome on fresh cells....and runtime is increased slightly.
:bumpit:

Nite

Enlightened
Im thinking pricewise, my investor will want to make money on these.. hmm go figure I guess. Maybe 10 or 20%. (This is only because some items I now sell on CPFM, and that is not free.) My goal is to break even on cost of buying all 250 needed for an order.

SO im glad to see people committing to buy 10 or more.

Im thinking prices could be based on selling batches....

1, 3, 5, 10, 15, 20, and so on.....

the more you buy the lower price per bulb.

My understanding is this can be an expensive undertaking for my investor as these are fragile..and there is a built in failure rate, just like all bulbs...and CL wants payment up front..maybe COD.

I once touched a bulb when installing it and didnt know....it died young.

I once pushed on the bulb to hard and it popped.

I once tried a crazy setup and flashed one.

I once donated two to be executed by LuxLuthor Muahaha

almost Every light i build gets one...

I cant have enuff of these walking a dog every day all winter long in this neighborhood.

Nite

Enlightened
Smallest Cell size you can run these on are always two of the following:
Soft start always recommended

2 x IMR 16340

2 x IMR 18500 even with Soft Start will Still Instaflash...anything above IMR 16340 use AW Protected LiCo instead!

Lico 2x 18500 minimum or 2x18650, or 2x "C" size AW Lico.

these run great between 7 and 7.8 volts.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK edited post 1....no graphic

Thanks! Makes the OP more readable as well.

I've got a FM1794 with 2 x 18650

the FM1794 is really bright & throws unreal for the small reflector!

I've got mine in a FM 2 X 18650 tube as well, and you're right... MEGA (pun intended) bright, and the throw in such a small form factor is just fantastic.

We need more of these bulbs!!!

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Count me in for 8-10.

All the bulb/ lamp companies the company I work for buy from have built in defect allowances. They will either send you extra bulbs to cover what they think will be bad or the price will reflect it.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Nite, as soon as I get the parts from you, I should have FM's stuff by Wed/Thurs. Then I'll do some side-by-side comparison with other known lights....after results validated, that will create more interest in all the parts & bulbs.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
WoW! Just got everything from you, Nite. Couldn't have gotten here faster if you drove it! Everything looks great, got AW switch in, now ready for FM's parts. Thanks for such great service.

Nite

Enlightened
WoW! Just got everything from you, Nite. Couldn't have gotten here faster if you drove it! Everything looks great, got AW switch in, now ready for FM's parts. Thanks for such great service.

Glad to hear it..

now if we can get commitment for another 100 bulbs...what do we have so far 50?

tundratrader

Enlightened
I will take 5 for sure. I just broke the filament in the last one I had. Are these a higher power one then what we were buying before? Or has it just been discovered that they were actually a higher lumen?

Either way I am in.

Thanks
Zach

tundratrader

Enlightened
I run these on 2 aw 18500 cells in a FM body. Charged to about 4.1v and a short rest they work perfect. No failures or flashes yet. I only have broken them dropping my light on hard ground. Thus causing the filament to break. I estimate that I am getting close to 40 minutes of run time using it intermittently. As far as real performance this is hard to beat, especially in the size.

Status
Not open for further replies.