Liteflux LF2XT (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

juplin

Enlightened
I took some beamshots of LF2XT in comparison with LF5XT R2 version this early morning.
LF2XT and LF5XT R2 were powered by eneloop AAA and AA respectively, and both flashlights are under 100% brightness.
Both flashlight heads were 90 cm away from white wall, and the wite balance of camera were set to sun light.
The beamshots of LF2XT are always in the left, and the beamshots of LF5XT R2 are always in the right, under three exposure values 0, -1 and -2 respectively.
Pressing the small pictures will link you to the larger sized pictures.
EV = 0

EV = -1

EV = -2

juplin

Enlightened
@HighLumens
As I mentioned,the hotspot can only be "slightly"adjusted, that can't be distinctly identified in the beamshots.Therefore, I decide not to provide the beamshot of my tuned version with slightly larger hotspot.
@lumen_eater
Regarding thermal management, I don't have precise thermometer to measure the surface temperature of the LF2XT tube. But under 100% brightness of 10440 Li-ion, one minute after turn-on, I can feel warm in the head portion, and three minutes after turn-on, I can feel hot in the head portion and feel warm in the tail portion. This imply the thermal conduction path of LF2XT is OK.

clintb

Enlightened
Wow, the color of the LF2XT looks really nice. I, too, have the R2 LF5XT and got lucky with a good tint that's fairly neutral, but I'm liking the LF2XT.

Can't wait!

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
juplin, thanks again for the pics and beamshots. That looks like a very nice tint on the LF2XT. Do you know about what percent of brightness each light was at? Or did you try to get them to roughly the same brightness for the pictures? When running on Li-Ions how would you compare the brightness of the LF2XT to the LF5XT? What I'm asking is to make a guess of the percentage of brightness that the 2XT is to the 5XT or are the close to the same when on maximum? I'll be buying one for sure - Liteflux needs to now be figured in to my annual budget :laughing:

juplin

Enlightened
juplin, thanks again for the pics and beamshots. That looks like a very nice tint on the LF2XT. Do you know about what percent of brightness each light was at? Or did you try to get them to roughly the same brightness for the pictures? When running on Li-Ions how would you compare the brightness of the LF2XT to the LF5XT? What I'm asking is to make a guess of the percentage of brightness that the 2XT is to the 5XT or are the close to the same when on maximum? I'll be buying one for sure - Liteflux needs to now be figured in to my annual budget :laughing:
The brightness of LF2XT and LF5XT in the beamshots are 100% powered by eneloop AAA and AA respectively. LF5XT LED is driven at 500mA under 100% brightness of NiMH cell. I don't think LF2XT LED can be driven at that high level, considering the current output ability of AAA NiMH.
While driven by Li-ion, the LED current of LF5XT is set to 800mA at 100% brightness. I suppose 700mA of LED current is a reasonable guess for LF2XT at 100% brightness of Li-ion, but this LED current is still wait for announcement by Liteflux.

Toaster

Enlightened
Juplin, thanks for taking the time to take all these pics! Do you know if your sample is a 3C or 3D tint bin?

juplin

Enlightened
Juplin, thanks for taking the time to take all these pics! Do you know if your sample is a 3C or 3D tint bin?
According to the designer, the bin is Q4 3C or 3D. I can't identify my sample is 3C or 3D. :sssh:

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it's wrong to show these beamshots......

.... makes me want this light now!
Nice creamy white, thanks, Jup. ;)

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like a good light but maybe just a little long for a keychain light, the LD01 is about the max length for keychain carry for me.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Mine will be for pocket carry. My L0D currently rides unnoticed. I'm hoping the slightly larger size of the LF2XT won't make a difference. I'll certainly give it a shot. Soon, I hope.

Geoff

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow... nice creamy smooth beam (as expected from Liteflux!) and
the nice warm tint as well! This is shaping up to be one fantastic light.

Thanks juplin for all the contributions!

Chao

Enlightened
Thanks juplin, nice beamshots :goodjob:, this new LF2XT looks great!

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the Beta review. Love the CUI and FUI and the 2 place after the decimal place for voltage testing. Liteflux has a winner on it's hands.

Wish the emitter was a cooler tint, but who am I to complain when the light has all these features. I just love my LF2 Cree P4, and I'm sure I will love this being a clicky version of that with other improvements.

Is the XP-E Q4 emitter any more efficient than XR-Es?

When is Khoo starting a pre-order thread? I want one after reading all 9 pages of the old thread again.

Status
Not open for further replies.