Can Energizer lithium light use Alkalines?

LEDrock

Enlightened
I went to Target a few days ago after hearing about an Energizer Cree light being on clearance. It wasn't at my Target. But they instead had an Energizer light that used (and came with) AA lithium batteries. I believe the light was also labeled as a lithium light. But can it be used with alkalines? I'd hate to have to buy lithiums all the time.

american lockpicker

Enlightened
I went to Target a few days ago after hearing about an Energizer Cree light being on clearance. It wasn't at my Target. But they instead had an Energizer light that used (and came with) AA lithium batteries. I believe the light was also labeled as a lithium light. But can it be used with alkalines? I'd hate to have to buy lithiums all the time.

Yes.

LEDrock

Enlightened
I recommend not using ANY light with alkalines.

NiMH give much better performance and cost.

I guess I meant, "can I use non-lithiums", not necessarily alkalines. I do have Ni MH AA's.

Do these lights work nearly as well without lithiums? I thought maybe they were specifically made for lithiums, perhaps because being particularly high drain or something. Is there any runtime figures for these lights using non-lithiums?

LEDrock

Enlightened
Thanks for that link. That light doesn't really seem worthwhile. It's surprising that it has such a short run time, even though it uses an efficient XR-E Cree.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, for your information the 2xAA 3W light draws 800mA, while the 1W (in both lux and rebel form draw about 500)

Marduke

Flashaholic
Oh, for your information the 2xAA 3W light draws 800mA, while the 1W (in both lux and rebel form draw about 500)

I believe you are thinking of a different light.

The one being discussed here are the models with the IQ dimming switch. They only come in XR-E version.