Just had a small quake in SoCal about 5mins

SupremeEye

Newly Enlightened
Lol I grabbed my LD20 and was ready to roll. I put my magcharger on the charger.

I have my lights ready to roll.

LD20, TK11 R2, Magcharger, E01.

It happened at 8:40pm PST.

SupremeEye

Newly Enlightened
According to http://quake.usgs.gov/recenteqs/Quakes/ci10410337.html it was a 5.0 followed by a 3.1 and 2.5 aftershock. (looks like its now a 4.7)

Funny as I was chatting on AIM the whole time. After it stopped, grabbed my E2DL and was ready to roll. LOL
Lmao. Convo was so good you waited it out huh?

I grabbed my LD20, got up and asked my little cousin if he was alright.

I then put on my pants that has my TK11 on it, along with a Swisstool Spirit, Two folders and T.H.E Wallet lol.

Zephyr

Enlightened
Ya know, it wasn't the biggest earthquake I've experienced in California. But somehow, it felt like it was! It was odd to say the least. We live in a two story townhouse, and i freaked out when I saw my wife almost fell off the bed when it happened! The shaking was pretty violent-I actually thought it was "The Big One." Maybe because we live like about 15 mins from the epicenter? :shrug:

Flashlights are on tactical alert right now ;)

Are you guys okay out there?

gollum

Enlightened
I really don't think I like the thought of being that close to the epicentre:eek:
I have quite a few fish tanks aswell,
although I believe most popular tanks in US are acryllic, I can see why:)

so 4.7 is enough to throw someone out of bed!!
that is a bit scary

batten down the hatches :twothumbs

tygger

Enlightened

Thats hillarious. :crackup:

Usual procedure. Grabbed hold of the dog, moved away from the windows (and glass stuff in general), and stayed low. The little ones are great practice runs for when something larger comes around. Don't forget to secure those tall cabinets/water heaters, check your kits, and be ready for extended power outages with no running water. And if you don't have a shaker type safety valve, know how to manually cut off your gas. Of course everyone here has the flashlights more than covered. Stay safe guys.

SupremeEye

Newly Enlightened
Ya know, it wasn't the biggest earthquake I've experienced in California. But somehow, it felt like it was! It was odd to say the least. We live in a two story townhouse, and i freaked out when I saw my wife almost fell off the bed when it happened! The shaking was pretty violent-I actually thought it was "The Big One." Maybe because we live like about 15 mins from the epicenter? :shrug:

lol I also thought ok this is going to be serious.

After the shaking I put on my pants and layed in bed with them on for awhile.

My lights were put on DefCon 3. Lmao

The LD20 was like a B-52 (love those bombers) that was in the air.

Instead of "Missile warning no malfunction"

It was "Earthquake warning no malfunction"

My little guys were suited up and ready to launch.

"Confidence is high" lol

StarHalo

Flashaholic
"Confidence is high" lol

Wing Attack Plan R..

PlanR.jpg

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lmao. Convo was so good you waited it out huh?

I grabbed my LD20, got up and asked my little cousin if he was alright.

I then put on my pants that has my TK11 on it, along with a Swisstool Spirit, Two folders and T.H.E Wallet lol.

I was caually chatting with my pal when stuff started shaking. Naturally I thought it was the neighbors washing machine till I realized that the ground was moving! :eek:

Looks like you are the tool man and ready to roll!

Everything is a OK here. Probably need to pickup some more supplies (and more batteries!)

SupremeEye

Newly Enlightened
I walked through it lol.

I felt the initial vibration/rumble and was like "Hmmmmm" then it increased and thats when I got up.

I really didn't look outside but I don't believe many people were out and about milling around at least not in my area.

saabgoblin

Enlightened
Stock up on Distilled water and you should also stock up on tap water that can be saved in 1 Gal containers that can be used to flush your toilets should they get a little nasty!

Batteries are always nice, and primaries at that!!!

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stock up on Distilled water and you should also stock up on tap water that can be saved in 1 Gal containers that can be used to flush your toilets should they get a little nasty!

Purchased a bunch of AA Lithiums from the Marketplace so that should be fine. Need more CR123 batteries and maybe some other supplies too.

tygger

Enlightened

Be careful if you use the (cloudy white) 1 gallon milk jugs for water storage. They tend to crack easily and degrade quickly. 2L soda bottles on the other hand are virtually indestructable. Also, if there's major shaking, make sure your pipes are still intact before using the toilet. Or at least make sure you live on the top floor. :crackup: :oops:

saabgoblin

Enlightened
Be careful if you use the (cloudy white) 1 gallon milk jugs for water storage. They tend to crack easily and degrade quickly. 2L soda bottles on the other hand are virtually indestructable. Also, if there's major shaking, make sure your pipes are still intact before using the toilet. Or at least make sure you live on the top floor. :crackup: :oops:
Good Points!:sick2: