Will a Malkoff M60 fit a Pila Gl3?

soup_monger

Newly Enlightened
I can't find any info about this... but... given that the Pila GL3 will accept most of the D26 modules out there.. Will a Malkoff M60 fit a Pila Gl3?

Thanks in advance.

DM51

Flashaholic
Well... this just goes to prove the importance of posting in the right forum. This was never likely to attract much interest in the Incan section.

Moving it now to LED Flashlights.

soup_monger

Newly Enlightened
Thanks again DM.

A few people asked the same question in that thread...but... nobody had an answer.

Looks like I might have to just buy and M60 to find out.

bagman

Enlightened
Soupy - I will try in on thursday when I can access my M60 at work.

I have just burned out my G3 incan bulb and need a replacement so it will be time well spent :D

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got the M60WF and YES it does fit the new style Pila GL3. I'm running 2 x 18500. Sometimes the electrical contact is not reliable but its just a matter of taking batteries out, shaking a little to reposition the dropin and reinserting batteries. Once it's all screwed down and working then the electrical contact is 100% reliable.

As for heatsinking, it's hard to say if the thermal contact is adequate, it certainly doesn't appear to be very good, but the head does get warm with use.

Last edited:

soup_monger

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies.

We have a "no" and a "yes" (with reservations)... which is more than I have seen anywhere else.

Much appreciated.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I'm sure it'll fit a GL3 (based on monkeyboy's observations), it definitely won't fit a GL4 because the head's too big.

Last edited:

Latest posts