mc2 eagle tac vs tk40

alexdiver

Newly Enlightened
i am wondering why a mc2 from eagle tac with a mc-e led is rated at 900 lumens and a tk 40 with the same led is rated at 640 lumens

please tell me how this is possible ??

because i ordered a tk40 but hope i didnt make a mistake. :confused:

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Advertised lumens don't really matter, as they are virtually never accurate.
The number of lumens that these two lights are putting out doesn't really matter, since they have different beam patterns. Even if they both output the exact same number (or is it amount?) of lumens, they would not have the same brightness in different areas of their beams. Buying a light simply because of a lumen claim doesn't make sense, since the amount of lumens a light gives off says nothign about its usability (with lights of relatively similar lumen values, of course).

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
i am wondering why a mc2 from eagle tac with a mc-e led is rated at 900 lumens and a tk 40 with the same led is rated at 640 lumens

please tell me how this is possible ??

because i ordered a tk40 but hope i didnt make a mistake. :confused:
:thinking: Just what is an Eagletac MC2? Did you mean the M2X ? If so, it doesn't use a MC-E LED like the TK40. It has a P7. They're different animals.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, not necessarily. It all depends on how much current the LED is being run at.
I'm not actually sure which light is giving off more lumens at the LED, but it really shouldn't matter, since they should be pretty close. It all comes down to which beam pattern you prefer.