Warm tinted AA's, what options are available?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know various warm tinted lights have been discussed but what are some commercially available single AA warm tinted lights? Something that doesn't cost more then a Fenix and something readily available.

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could always get a cool-tinted light and mod it to a neutral or warm tint, or have someone else do it for you.

MerkurMan

Newly Enlightened
The above was not to be taken literally. The R2's are not readily available with the warmer Neutral Tints around the 5A tint group.
I apologise if my post was a little misleading. When I mentioned that the R2 in my D10 was warm, I meant that in comparison to my myriad WC-tinted Q5s and R2s. it is more of a neutral-white tint, very similar to my DX MC-Es.

I guess that, after using so many cool white LEDs, and becoming accustomed to that spectrum, anything that lacks a blue/violet-heavy tinge appears warm to me!

Once again, I apologise for any confusion. :eek:

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/212642

as far as i know these are the only options with lights ready with warm tints.

warmer tints are still rather new thing and only starting to catch up momentum now.. maybe more options next year..

while i have been here the list actually has grown alot.. maybe doubled?

at AA i think the options are only previous mentioned: zebralight 501w (not a "true" flashlight),jetbeam element and ezaa..

i think it was technocowboy who offered an warm tint modification service in b/s/t forum?

Norm

Retired Administrator
I converted a Rexlight to Q3 5A very easy mod and it is brighter than the original LED not too sure what the original LED was.
Norm

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
The eagletac P10A2 is currently available with a Q3 5A LED, but it is a 2 AA light. I'm not sure if they will be releasing their one cell AA light with a warm tinted LED anytime soon.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't see any options of ordering a Nitecore EZAA other then the standard LED from either the Nitecore site nor 4sevens page.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Fenix TK20 is the way to go .It is a 2XAA but i do not find it to big to carry or use.It is tough as nails great run time and you can use regular old alkaline batteries in a pinch.The throw is also very good and it is by far the best light i have used while in the woods.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could always get a cool-tinted light and mod it to a neutral or warm tint, or have someone else do it for you.

Do you do upgrades?
I have an Inova X03 and X02 [both TIROS] that I'd like to ditch the cool-white LEDs for warm-whites.

DoctaDink

Enlightened
I don't see any options of ordering a Nitecore EZAA other then the standard LED from either the Nitecore site nor 4sevens page.
I got Warm Tint EZAAs from 4 Sevens. Just contact them, and I'm sure you can order the warm variety.