Breast Cancer Awareness

qarawol

Enlightened
Hi All,

It's been a while since I posted here or on CPFMP.

My wife recently got diagnosed with breast cancer early in March of this year. I always seen the pink ribbon magnet on cars/trucks and never gave it second thought. Well now it has become a part of my life. She is diagnosed with stage 0-1 at this point and is going to be undergoing a second surgery.

Since I make my own custom leather holsters for Flashlights, I also started making custom leather bracelets to support the cause.

PinkBracelets.jpg

The black top one is the one I wear everyday. I am making more of various styles and will be selling them soon to support the cause. I don't know the amount of the donation yet. The bottom mystery braided one were the ones as gifts and they sport some bling bling. The second from the bottom with the added pink stitch line is the wife's and I have a matching one too. Everyone else got the one pink strand with black stitch line (bottom).

There is going to be a cancer walk at the end of next month and I have to conjure up maybe 20 special leather pieces for the wife and co-workers that will be participating on that event. I have a regular 40hr week job and a very long "honey do list" so leather work is for leisure time only. Most of my 'leisure' time will be in making these.

I just wanted to throw this out to let you know what has been going on at home here and as to why I may not be replying to PM's in a timely manner.

Keep us in your prayers.

Njoy... Rick

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Very sorry to hear about what happened to your wife.

Well wishes & prayers will be sent her way.

BVH

Flashaholic
I wish you and your wife all the very best! Thank goodness it's only in its very early stages and you caught it early!

Beautiful work!!

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gosh so many women now a days seem to get breast cancer. It's happened to quite a few of my co-workers. Women that exercise, eat right, live healthy lives and it just doesn't seem to matter. I wonder why this is so? The good news is the three co-workers I know that acquired this disease all have survived so I certainly hope this will be the same for your wife.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Rick, so sorry to hear about your wife's diagnosis. How thankful you must be that it was caught early though. Breast cancer recently effected my own family in a very heavy way so I think it's neat that you're making these. Perhaps further awareness will allow many others to catch this cancer in the early stages.

My prayers go out to you, your wife and family.

Paul