Does anyone sell piston drives with Trits already installed?

GTSECC

Newly Enlightened
Seems liek it would be a better option than me breaking the vial, getting glue in my Flashight, and buying all the little things i need to glue one little vial.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
The trit vials didn't seem all that fragile to me, or maybe I was lucky. :) There is someone that sells Norland epoxy on one of the subforums. I just ordered a couple small vials of Norland from him, which included some fine eye dropper type things for sucking it out of the vial and applying it to the trit slot. It isn't very hard to do. I just cleaned the trit slot with some Acetone, then put in a little Norland epoxy, dropped the trit in, filled the remaining space with epoxy and sat it out in the full sun for a few hours.

The Sun works great, but you want to do this when you know you'll have a few hours of strong Sun light.

Also when you do this you remove the piston from the flashlight, so you're only working with the piston. You wouldn't want to try this with the piston installed.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just thinking out loud,would a 365nm UV light cure that Norland faster :thinking:

That's the ideal wave length for curing Norland61 (I think it's 61). It depends on the power of the 365nm light source as far as cure time.