• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Withdrawn: M-Zep Tri-MCE M6 LED module

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
The two halves of the module before final assembly:

dsc2388h.jpg

Completed module:
dsc2390.jpg

Installed in a light:
dsc2391s.jpg

dsc2398.jpg

All pictures are of the actual module for sale. The contact piece of this module is bare alum, not gold chromate as you can see in the first pic.

Hardware:
- MZMC-3 heatsink, new design specific for the MC-E/McR27S
- (3) MC-E M WD
- (3) modified McR27S reflectors
- Shark Buck 3A/Remora (non-SOS)

Will run on:
11.1V: 3X17670 in FM holder, 3 X 18650 in Megalennium
18.0V: 6 X CR123 in FM 3 X 17670 holder
22.2V: 6 X RCR123 in FM 3 X 17670 holder, 6 X 17500 in Petrev's holder

Related info in the MZ master thread, MZMC-3 development thread, and a sales thread of a similar module.

**Withdrawn** $395 installed plus shipping.

Note that only the module is included, no head. Installation included into a KT4 the buyer sends me, all stock parts are returned. I can provide a used KT4 at an additional cost of approx. $110 - 125 depending on condition.

Last edited:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: M-Zep Tri-MCE M6 LED module

Just a friendly FYI for all who have LED Zepplins drop-ins. I have the 5 R2 version, which MrGman tested. It was the only high power light not to drastically (100 lumens) drop in output after turn-on. This light puts the Leggion II lumen wise to shame. IMHO, but it is bias of course:D

I tested the voltage of the 3 AW 17670 cells in FM holder and it read 12.6v. The current at the tail was 1.4A and it got the numbers listed below.

I received 2 IMR "C" cells and put them in. The tail readings were 2.6~2.8A and 8.4 volts. I think the IMR cells will give me slightly more lumens and I will have to ask MrGman to see if it really does.

Below are MrGman readings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Zep-5R2-SF M6 Host____,__3X_AW17670________5 Cree R2's____863.6____3 sec_______,
Zep-5R2-SF M6 Host____,__3X_AW17670________5 Cree R2's____856.1___15 sec_______,
Zep-5R2-SF M6 Host____,__3X_AW17670________5 Cree R2's____854.2___30 sec_______,
Zep-5R2-SF M6 Host____,__3X_AW17670________5 Cree R2's____852.3___45 sec_______,
Zep-5R2-SF M6 Host____,__3X_AW17670________5 Cree R2's____850.5___60 sec_______,
Zep-5R2-SF M6 Host____,__3X_AW17670________5 Cree R2's____848.6___90 sec_______,
Zep-5R2-SF M6 Host____,__3X_AW17670________5 Cree R2's____846.7__120 sec_______,

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic

I got a 7 R2 in the mail on it's way to me now, I'm about to blow up.

I see by the tracking number it's not in my state yet but still I keep glancing at the mailbox! :tinfoil:

This one looks very nice too. You see in pic #1 on the surface of the heatsink where the wires run, it almost looks like carbon fiber.

Last edited:

jslappa

Enlightened

As a Marine, I am someone who pays close attention to details. Let me point some out here..

1. Look at how the MC-E LEDs are positioned. They are each positioned slightly different than one another. That is going to help minimize that "crosshair" when doing a ceiling bounce.

2. Look how perfectly the leads are soldered onto the LEDs. The wires are even shaped and bent to run as cleanly as possible. I don't thing the guage of the wires need to be that heavy either, but then, look who made the thing.

3. The module, reflectors and the ano is so meticulously perfect, you just know that the person who made it put his whole heart into it...not to mention he clearly knows what he's doing.

I have an M-Zep head mounted to a Megalennium, and it now sits on my nightstand every single night.

Metatron

Banned

I got a 7 R2 in the mail on it's way to me now, I'm about to blow up.

I see by the tracking number it's not in my state yet but still I keep glancing at the mailbox! :tinfoil:

This one looks very nice too. You see in pic #1 on the surface of the heatsink where the wires run, it almost looks like carbon fiber.
Sarge, there will be no turning back! once u have experienced a led zep nothing but nothing else will do, 'cept for ArcManias offerings:) consider urself forwarned:twothumbs

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have built a couple of LZ's modules for members and I have a couple for myself that I use and there is no one that does any better work or puts any more thought and quality into any of his projects than Dennis.

If you are thinking of getting one of these i can not say enough about the quality of work and materials in these modules, you could be nothing but pleased.

Dave

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic

Sarge, there will be no turning back! once u have experienced a led zep nothing but nothing else will do, 'cept for ArcManias offerings:) consider urself forwarned:twothumbs
Could this be the fabled cure for flashaholism? :caution:

beetleguise

Enlightened

How about a drop in for a light that costs 19 dollars like a mag? I just cant see modding a $400.00 light. Some of us work for a living.

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all the support guys.

I'm withdrawing this as I had one other MZMC-3 sink left, which has just been sold. So this one now becomes my keeper.