AZ2, A2L, LX2

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are the three upcoming 2-cell S.F.'s that will have independent L.E.D.'s for a low/flood beam, like the original A2? Which if any of these three are you guys gravitating toward?

Black vs. natural finish, exchanging a few lumens +/- for runtime, colored vs. white flood beams are a tossup for me, but not size, weight, ergonomics, & price. It looks like the AZ2 is a bit bigger than the other two & doesn't include a pocket clip. Even the L5 comes with a pocket clip & I doubt it's any bigger than the L5. I do like the feel of that scooped out body shape & rubber ring though. Will any of them have lenses like the L1 & E2DL, or all of these will have normal flat glass like on most other S.F.'s?

They should be out soon now, right- next month? Here is a Ken Lunde's site pictures of the three I am looking forward to:

2009shotshow-01162009-034.jpg

2009shotshow-01162009-035.jpg

2009shotshow-01162009-032.jpg

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been dying to get my hands on the AZ2.

I wouldn't want a clip as it's going to be my duty light. Sitting inside the V85A holster.

Would like to purchase the A2L..

But am checking their website everyday for the AZ2.

Drooling while waiting :(

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LX2 does not have smaller leds for Low. I will likely have optics like the L1 and KX heads.

Personally, I like the A2L between the other two, though the AZ2 ergonomics should be better - more like a C2.

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
If SF can match up the tints between the floody low and the throw levels, I'll pick one up for sure! If angry blue low with warm high...:green:

-Mayo

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm waiting specifically for the LX2. I have paypal standing by ready to grab one as soon as they are available...

matt0

Enlightened
They should be out soon now, right- next month?

I haven't been following this forum very closely the past month or two. Was there a thread that listed credible release dates for these lights?

I'm looking forward to the L1X

WDR65

Enlightened
I haven't seen or heard a credible release date but when I was registering my new L4 on Surefire's site they had the option of selecting the A2L in all four colors, the A2Z and both the LX1 and 2. Seems to me that it might mean we'll see them in the next month or two as expected.

gsxrac

Enlightened
I haven't seen or heard a credible release date but when I was registering my new L4 on Surefire's site they had the option of selecting the A2L in all four colors, the A2Z and both the LX1 and 2. Seems to me that it might mean we'll see them in the next month or two as expected.

Hmm that could be a good sign...

zven

Enlightened
Personally, I'm planning on buying the A2L. I could see it replacing my current EDC (L1 and C2 + M60 + FM34) on most days. I'm probably going to wait to see some beamshots, but I'm hopeful.

And if the beam looks really unsatisfying for the A2L, then I'd go for the LX2. After all, I really like the beam and the low level of the L1, but wouldn't mind a higher high.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh O.K. the LX2 is not like the other two in that regard. BUt what makes you guys skeptical about the A2L's beam vs. that of the AZ2, if they are both set up the same way?

B.T.W. anyone know what the diameter & weight differences are between those two (A2L & AZ2), & any retailers that already has them for preorder, or at least a "remind me when available" email notification? The fact that it's already in S.F.'s registration system is a good sign. Thanks all for the info.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking forward to the A2L. The A2 has been my EDC for years now, so it will be interesting to see if the A2L replaces it.

Regards,
Tempest

Kiessling

Flashaholic
AZ2, A2L and Maybe LX2.
UB3 of course.
And ARC1 if it ever surfaces.

And then off to sell the redundant kidney :D

WDR65

Enlightened
For the moment I'm mainly planning on the A2L with white led's. The A2Z is tempting also but with the current economic situtation I have to balance what I want versus what I'll use and I think the A2L will win out in that department.

I'm not even going to start thinking about the M3TL and UB3 yet. Too many decisions, lol.