Pelican Flashlights

quebec128

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

Im thinking of picing up a Pelican light. They seem fairly durable and I can get then easily here in Ottawa Canada.

I was wondering what people have to say about any Pelican lights they have bought or used ?

Thanks

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened
I briefly owned a 7060. my Bro in law is using one right now on duty and he really likes it. Only complaint is the single mode and tight beam pattern makes it difficult to use up close. Otherwise I had no complaints--insanely bright and about as durable as a flashlight could be. Not bad in the price area especially for a high-output American-made light

GPB

Enlightened
I used to use them when I was doing a lot of diving and before I was a flashaholic.....They were quite durable and well respected in the dive community.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
My personal favorite is the Pelican 2440PLB.

Reasons I Like It as a General Utility/Blackout Light:

-relatively cheap
-glows in the dark
-batteries last a long time
-firm, positive, tactile rear clicky
-lifetime warranty
-made in U.S.A.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I was in Canada I started off with Pelicans - I still have a (3C) super sabrelight in both vehicles. The 2AA light is nice as well (cannot remember model - but it has the AAs parallel to each other).

I picked up a recoil just to throw in the bag.

If you are concerned about availability - you may want to take a look over at the marketplace (you need to register there as well) - the buy/sell/trade has alot of lights. When I sell I ship to Canada, some people in the USA will sell in the USA as customs paperwork has become a PITA.

Paladin

Enlightened
I have a couple, and like them. just bought my latest one last week. (Pelican M3 LED)

I've owned their M1 and M3 led models for a couple of years. It's worth mentioning that the M3 runs great on 2x17500 li-ion rechargable cells. The M1 fits in the upper pocket of a Levi's jacket. Some users prefer a side located switch, not sure if the currently produced ones are side or tailcap mounted. Although I don't use them very often these days, I do like them well enough not to sell or gift them away.

Paladin

seale_navy

Enlightened
well, I been using Pelican for 5 years now. I have the mitylite 3N LED which is no more in production. I have the Mitylite 2440 PLB ( its a really cute torch, glows in the dark), I have the M6 #2330 LED and the M6 #2390 Cree version..

They are all good and its american made. Excellent customer support, and I am proud in having one of them...

maxilux

Enlightened
Not one problem with any Pelican light, they are often better as they look, some lights look a little bit cheap (hope this the right word), but good quality.

Zdenka

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I keep hearing only positive feedback on the Pelican 7060 flashlight. Apparently it was made by Pelican in consultation with the LAPD (police force). I do like the fact it has two switches (tail and body) for activating/de-activating light.. which reminds me of those corridor switches, where the light can be on/off at both ends. Plus the fact that it's USA made gives us CPF'ers that warm fuzzy feeling. :twothumbs

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a Pelican light and it was a good overall light, can't recall which one though.

quebec128

Newly Enlightened
Cool,

sounds like they are decent lights then... I'll have to check one out first hand.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
*Some* Pelican lights are made in the U.S., *some* Pelican lights are made in China. Thankfully, the warranty applies regardless of where it was manufactured. ;-)

Burgess

Flashaholic
As a general rule of thumb . . . .

Plastic Pelicans are made in Torrance, California, USA

Metal Pelicans are made overseas

Hope this is helpful.

_

maxilux

Enlightened
As a general rule of thumb . . . .

Plastic Pelicans are made in Torrance, California, USA

Metal Pelicans are made overseas

Hope this is helpful.

_

Hi, are you sure ? That will say a M6 is not made in the US ?