How much Would you pay for a HA Type III P60 Host?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forgoten214

Enlightened
I know I'd buy several L2s if it was HA3. :) Make sure HA3 is available in Black and Gun metal. :D

If Solarforce is listing to this, PLEASE MAKE SOME! :)

kramer5150

Flashaholic
First it would need to be 18650 capable to get my attention.

It would depend on who makes it (host only)...
Surefire/Inova = $85
Solarforce = $40
Ultrafire/Romisen = $25
Pelican = $55

GreyShark

Enlightened
I agree, whatever it was should be compatible with the 18mm cells and it shouldn't have any thin sections in the tail to worry about. That means a new tailcap designed from the ground up instead of a SureFire compatible tailcap. A new offering would have to be really new to get me interested.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Malkoff MD2 with HAIII is $49, so that seems about right to me. After subtracting the price of the dereelight dropin, the Cl1H body/host probably comes ends up in the $40 range as well.

dilbert

Enlightened
I just got a Malkoff MD2 in Type III HA... so I guess I'd be willing to pay $49... actually $71 since I got it in 2-stage.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Well how much did I pay for that C3 again? :thumbsup:

Worth every penny, to me anyhoo. Your poll needs a $150+ choice. :)

Last edited:

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's one of the things I wouldn't pay extra for. My 6P hasn't had much use and already shows a lot of wear, but it doesn't bother me enough to pay extra for HA III. I think it would start to matter if I bought expensive, cool looking custom lights, but in general I don't mind them looking worn.

JBorneu

Enlightened
Not much more than I paid for my HAII Solarforce L2. Yes, HAIII looks nicer, but it's only an aesthetical improvement. I use my lights.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Did someone say P60 hosts.....;) P60 Flashlight List {host} shameless plug.

Most my lights are P60s...they all have either a good II or true Type III HA.
Both my CL1H V1 & 2 have Type III
(the V1 has the most amazing HA coating)

Type III is like having an expensive paint job, but you car isn't going to handle any better.

What makes one P60 host, with same coating, better than another,..the switch?

Still waiting on shipping confirmation for the Seraph

Last edited:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
What makes one P60 host, with same coating, better than another,..the switch?

Partially... that and the manufacturer warranty + service, retailer return policy. I'm willing to pay more for lights from reputable retailers and manufacturers who stand behind their products. Although with P60 hosts its almost a moot point since generally parts can easily be replaced.

Forgoten214

Enlightened
Partially... that and the manufacturer warranty + service, retailer return policy. I'm willing to pay more for lights from reputable retailers and manufacturers who stand behind their products. Although with P60 hosts its almost a moot point since generally parts can easily be replaced.

Does it void the Surefire warranty if I use a aftermarket drop-in with my Surefire 6P? If it breaks and I need to RMA it. I need to send the light in with a Surefire drop-in? Not if the drop-in breaks but lets say the tailcap or something like that breaks and I need to send it in.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Does it void the Surefire warranty if I use a aftermarket drop-in with my Surefire 6P? If it breaks and I need to RMA it. I need to send the light in with a Surefire drop-in? Not if the drop-in breaks but lets say the tailcap or something like that breaks and I need to send it in.

I have no first hand experience.... but according to others on the forum, it does not matter. typically they will just send you the replacement part.... but each customer service inquiry is a case by case basis.

Forgoten214

Enlightened
I have no first hand experience.... but according to others on the forum, it does not matter. typically they will just send you the replacement part.... but each customer service inquiry is a case by case basis.

Yeah I already had to get some replacement parts from them. Tailcap issues. But then they keep records and every time I call they are going to be less reluctant to give me the parts I need. Like I had to call for a 3rd time in two weeks for apart and they didn't seem to happy about it. So much for there no questions asked service.

Status
Not open for further replies.