Why you should read the label

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is from a motorcycle forum and the thread is over 70 pages and growing. It's destined for internet history and might actually not be an urban myth. Read the first few pages at least, but it can get you hooked.

Why does my bike run rough?

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
People make mistakes, and those people were ripping into the guy for it. :thumbsdow
One more reason why a well-moderated forum like CPF rocks. :thumbsup:

Illum

Flashaholic
reminds me of the time I poured [what appeared to be] fuel stabilizer into a weedwacker instead of the 2 cycle oil

I mean gee...the bottles are exactly the same size...so they should work right? :poof:

Cost me nearly $100 from start to end trying to repair/flush/rebuild the engine. Now I have the two bottles propped each at the far side of the room opposite to the other.:laughing:

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Even worse is when people read the instructions yet insist they know better. I'm talking about the types who will take 8 of a pill when the instructions say 4 because "it should make them better twice as fast". Sad to say, but I've learned you usually have to make whatever you sell idiot proof because the majority won't read the instructions. Of those who do, a good number won't follow them anyway because "it doesn't sound right". In their defense, a good number of instructions are either poorly written, or yes, just plain wrong.

Oh, and it could have been worse. He could have bought the NOS engine cleaner thinking it was a drink.

Chuck289

Enlightened
LOL. The thread made it here to CPF. I first saw it on another motorcycle forum. Its spreading through the forums like a wildfire

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been wrenching awhile, gotta admit I've never seen that one before.

I HAVE seen someone pick up the wrong cup off a workbench and take a sip of diesel. "Damn, I know you like your coffee strong, but this is ridiculous."

:buddies:

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast

I HAVE seen someone pick up the wrong cup off a workbench and take a sip of diesel. "Damn, I know you like your coffee strong, but this is ridiculous."

Me: "Is this Mountain Dew or gasoline in this Mountain Dew bottle that you're pouring into your bike?"

Him: "Smells like gas to me."

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do they ever find out if he put the drink or the real stuff in the tank?
Either way, that was not a very good decision. Dumping 2 bottles of any additive into a gas tank is definitely not good, unless that additive is gas (ok, that wouldn't really be an additive).

Illum

Flashaholic

this is why the professor specifically said not to bring drinks in the dark room unless you like the way developer/fixer with Colloidal Silver tastes:nana:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
true story...
Reminds me of the time my grandfather brushed his teeth with his hair tonic gel. In his defense it looked exactly like Aim branded toothpaste (teal blue, transparent).

I asked him what it tasted like... making a funny face :sick2:"not very good":green:.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now i wonder what the CPF equlivent would be.....

" I just plugged my new light into 6 CR123As, i mean whats wrong? if 2 give me 100 lumens, 6 should give me 300 right? right?!"

:tinfoil:

Crenshaw

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now i wonder what the CPF equlivent would be.....

" I just plugged my new light into 6 CR123As, i mean whats wrong? if 2 give me 100 lumens, 6 should give me 300 right? right?!"

:tinfoil:

Crenshaw

That might be the equivalent of what he thought he was doing (dumping an obscene quantity of octane booster into his tank), but the equivalent of what he did do (pouring energy drinks into his gas tank) is a little further out. Filling a lead-acid battery with gasoline might come close, but few of us use open lead-acids...

Maybe rigging an extension and putting 4 or 5 14500s in a resistance-drive 3xAA light?

Illum

Flashaholic
Filling a lead-acid battery with gasoline might come close, but few of us use open lead-acids...

oh...the horror...
Thank god for SLAs... when watering FLAs, make sure no one accidentally puts a teaspoon [or two] of miracle grow in your kettle thinking your going to water the vegetable garden:whistle:

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
That might be the equivalent of what he thought he was doing (dumping an obscene quantity of octane booster into his tank), but the equivalent of what he did do (pouring energy drinks into his gas tank) is a little further out. Filling a lead-acid battery with gasoline might come close, but few of us use open lead-acids...

Maybe rigging an extension and putting 4 or 5 14500s in a resistance-drive 3xAA light?

I get 100 lumens from 2 CR123As, I wonder how many lumens I'll get from a pack of SweeTarts?

Last edited: