Need a good LED drop-in for nice Fulton.

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok guys I just bought my first Fulton MX-991/U. I always though these lights looked fuggly but after picking one up it felt very solid and I liked it. The switch is nice and ridged with positive engagement. I bought it for only 7.99 brand new:twothumbs. The slightly textured reflector gives a smooth beam and I am really wanting to use it more often it's just that it's dim .74 watt bulb "though long running 40+ hours" is just hard to justify when my little single AA Proton Pro puts out around 100 lumens vs. the Fulton's puny 14.8:ohgeez:! What would be the best LED upgrade I could get for this light? I know Electro lumens sells these lights with P4s in them but they lack the run time of the original bulb and do not have the regulation of other LED drop ins. Also they are not capable of taking an incandescent bulb if ever needed:sigh:. I was looking up bulbs such as the EverLED but their technology is so old at this point is there something newer:shrug:? It's just hard justifying $40 for a Lux 1 LED when R2s exist:ohgeez:! If I was to get the EverLED do I get the "classic" which is what I think flashlight reviews used or do I get the lambertian version? It says the lambertian version is for none focusing flashlights but from what I remember the "classic" used in the flashlight reviews light was put in a cheap Ray-O-Vac plastic "none focusing" host and the beam profile was exactly the same as the original bulb:thinking:. I just what to get the one that gives me the closest to the original beam profile of the light when using the original Incan bulb and at least match the run time of the stock bulb:thumbsup:.