Jetbeam IBS UI Questions (Jet-III Pro ST)

pure_boost

Newly Enlightened
I just recieved my Jet-III Pro ST (BVC) and am very impressed with the beam and overall form of the light. However, I cannot get the UI to program a slot (A, B, or C) while in that slot. I need to have, for example, slot B selected in order to program slot C. It is very consistent: The first soft-click advances the slot and the 2nd & 3rd soft-clicks take it into the programming menu as specified in the manual. This is usable, but annoying if I want to utilize a certain slot as a variable output and save the other two as min & max.

I don't believe this to be operator error since I'm consistent in the execution. Has anyone else observed this with any of Jetbeam's IBS BVC lights?

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
pardon my ignorance, what the heck is BVC?

And i too own a Jet III Pro ST, its a forward clicky, so how i program mine is:-

1. 1/2 click to advance to the mode that i wish to program.

2. do three quick 1/2 clicks to bring up programming for THAT mode.

e.g. to program mode C, 1/2 click to get A, 1/2 click to get B, 1/2 click to get C - HOLD IT THERE - do 3 quick 1/2 clicks and u will be programming mode C.

that's how i do it and have no problems whatsoever.

pure_boost

Newly Enlightened
hyperloop --> Thanks for the explanation of how you program with the forward-clicky. I'll have to try it if the extra switch is in my box.

I'm still not sure why my reverse clicky is acting the way that it is unless there was a small programming change to better accomodate the forward-clicky when used. I'm not too worried about it as long as there's nothing wrong with the circuit or programming.

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
Hello,

The ST BVC version requires you to enter the program menu from the mode prior to the one you want to actually program...i.e. to program mode B you would enter program menu from Mode A....

Hope that helps,
Flavio
BugOutGearUSA.com

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
with the reverse clicky, its amost the same:
--> for mode C:

klick on and release --> mode A
half click (not to disengage the switch) and release --> mode B
half click and release --> mode C

three quick half clicks --> programming for mode C

PS: would be nice, if the settings in programming would follow less quick. Imho the ramp-up + -down is too quick.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
yellow: imho, the ramping is quick but not too quick, i think i would be more annoyed if it took forever to get to 100% :D

I find the default modes to be pretty sufficient but wish that it started out default low instead of high. I have programmed my Jet III as follows:-

Mode A: low (somewhere between minimum and 50%)
Mode B: high (just a wee bit above 50%)
Mode C: blinker (as in the default mode, 2 quick flashes, pause, 2 quick flashes)

so far that serves all my needs but of course the beauty of IBS is that it can adapt to different needs. If travelling, first mode is fastest strobe, then max, then 50%. For low light uses, i carry a spare light (found a nifty CR2 powered light that is just nice to hang around my neck and is cheap too)

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hyper - at least you found it was consistent (and thus usable) even before finding out that this was the correct way to program it.

the ibs is great

Best,
L

program early, program often

pure_boost

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

The ST BVC version requires you to enter the program menu from the mode prior to the one you want to actually program...i.e. to program mode B you would enter program menu from Mode A....

Thanks for confirming what I was seeing with my torch.

Everyone else, thanks for the feedback. It's nice to have recently found this forum; though my wife would beg to differ. :broke:lovecpf

Tim B

Newly Enlightened
How long does the light remember the levels you have programmed in each slot? Will it remember them after the battery goes dead and you change to a new battery?

Konad

Newly Enlightened
How long does the light remember the levels you have programmed in each slot? Will it remember them after the battery goes dead and you change to a new battery?

From my experience, YES.
I have programmed a simple Low,Med,Hi and works great!

Note: I have not taken the battery out for long periods of time.

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
... really?
THAT, I didn't know. I thought all Jetbeam lights with IBS has the same UI except Jet-III M and M1X
Hello,

Hope that helps,
Flavio
BugOutGearUSA.com

Last edited:

dubliftment

Newly Enlightened
can someone provide a comparison shot of the lowest low-setting doable with the Jet-III Pro ST and the Jet-III BVC?

JAG

Newly Enlightened
i have a little problem with my new JET-III PRO ST BVC:

if i will program a slot, for example slot B, i go to slot A press button fast for 3 times.
so i am in programming-mode for slot B.
then i program strobe and switch the flaslight OFF to store the strobe-mode.

waiting 2-3 seconds..... but when i switch it ON again i am still in programming-mode.

if i program it again to strobe (or other) and switch it off, now it stores this mode.

so i always have to program the mode twice, before it stores it.

is this normal ?

sincerely

joerg

Last edited:

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
I could, but they are different emitters and reflectors.

The BVC is definitely a lower low.

Kremer

Enlightened
I can't provide a comparison pic, but my Jet-III PRO ST R2 /BVC goes low enough that I can look straight down the bezel at the LED and see the die, backing, and even the lead wires while it's on. I'd call it just a hair brighter than 'glowing'.

I use it as a nightlight every night tailstanding on my sidetable, barely touches the battery at all. I measured 3ma consumption on a 4.0V 18650.

texbaz

Newly Enlightened
ah, what the heck I got a flashlight LOW LIGHT on, so I'm gonna just get one. Can't see how I missed these. They meet all the criteria I need. I just swore I would not buy another MIM chinese flashlight guess I'll just have to change my expectations. Now to find the best dealer, been awhile since I purchased online.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
strangely the Jet III M has much longer runtime on max than the Jet III Pro ST with both using a 18650. i still went with the Pro ST cos of its much slimmer form factor and also the fact that i dont think i would ever need max for extended periods of time.

texbaz

Newly Enlightened
strangely the Jet III M has much longer run-time on max than the Jet III Pro ST with both using a 18650. I still went with the Pro ST cos of its much slimmer form factor and also the fact that I don't think I would ever need max for extended periods of time.

Thanks Hyperloop, from all the info gathering especially the reviews. But also from user opinions like yours, And I thank all of Ya'll. I find the Pro ST BVC fills my needs the most. I am kinda glad I missed the boat for the R2's seems they have a slightly different UI, more like the Jetbeam Military of which you are referring. Of course then I loose out on a little performance. I just hope the quality is in the Jetbeam, I have been using Surefire C2 with a Malkoff drop-in for about 1 year now, and a Novatac 85P for about 2 years, as my primary go too's. Dropped an order with Lightjunction.com the light shows up by weeks end. :party:

Last edited: