Anybody need a boat?

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone willing to shell out $4.5 million for an aircraft carrier? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dan

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Anybody in for a group buy? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Larry

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd rather spend the money on flashlights! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

bigcozy

Enlightened
I don't know if it is still around, but for two years the yacht broker I bought my Chris Craft from was trying to sell a Russian Submarine. Think it was in Florida. I have also heard you can buy a lot of Eastern European stuff for penneys on the dollar, its just that it is several million pennys to get it. On Ebay there used to be a Soviet Mine Sweeper that was new, the government refused to pay for it because they were broke.

I love stuff like this. Can you imagine the cost of just maintaining that thing? My 42' boat is killing me. Probably a couple of million a year just to keep it floating. What a pick up line, "Want to come back to my aircraft carrier for drinks tonight?"

Tomas

Banned
Fueling it would be a disaster, especially if you wanted to go a long distance "fast." This little beastie gets about 4 nautical miles/ton of fuel oil at 14 knots and 2 nautical miles/ton of fuel oil at 25 knots ...

Let's see, wouldn't that be about, uh,

0.016mpg highway / 0.008mpg city? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Of course if you parked it in some nice harbor and converted much of the interior to, say, 200 $1000/month apartments plus amenities it wouldn't take all THAT long to pay for itself ... maybe 3 years? Park your Cessna's on the roof. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

tomsig03.gif

zmoz

Enlightened
Meh...that thing's only got 36,000HP....too weak for me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif