• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: Warm Seoul emitter for upgrading a KL1

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have any at the moment, but I'll be getting a batch of T1SS0 bin as soon as I get the details straightened out. I think I can manage to send a couple your way :thumbsup:

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would be totally friggin awesome! I've been considering dropping a nice warm emitter into the milky seoulmator so someone will buy it. (that's still up in the air.) Just PM me when you get them, I can't wait!

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there anything warmer? Neutral white is about as blue as I'd ever like to get for this. Anything 4000k ish?

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The higher the number the cooler. K does stand for Kelvin, but when describing light as warmer or cooler, it's generally the more blue, and/or less red/yellow, the cooler, and the more red/yellow, the warmer.

There are a few good links to read on the subject in my modding thread, found in my sigline. I recommend starting with the one by McGizmo.

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's counterintuitive to my understanding of kelvin as a temperature scale. Zero would be as cold as it gets and 3134 Kelvin would be the boiling point of steel. That's pretty warm in my book.

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
True, but it really isn't a scale of "temperature". It's a scale of the light emitted when a black body is heated to a certain temperature, in Kelvin. So while the scale may be counter intuitive strictly from a numbers perspective, what light do you find cooler, blue, or red?

Since blue is perceived by most as cooler, even though the light emitted by a very hot object is blue, the scale interprets it as cooler.

Oh and I've read a few articles on negative Kelvin that were pretty interesting. They stated that there is actually a colder temperature than absolute zero. Way off track, but an interesting read if you're into geeky things like that :D

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
If there's no molecular motion there is no matter. An electron stopped in its shell would collapse and matter would cease to be. That's absolute zero. How can you get colder than a temperature that you cannot achieve? Thanks for the schooling on the K scale as it refers to light emitted from a body heated to that temperature. It makes much more sense now.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
The hottest burning temperature is blue, but blue "looks" like water or ice. The cooler burning temperature is yellow/orange, but orange/yellow "looks" warm.

Hot and warm are different. How color temperature relates to that is also different.

I agree it is kind of strange.

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The colder that absolute zero theory is just that, a theory. I didn't say I believed it or understood it :D