Is the Eagletac M2XC4 a fail due to some inherent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavin S.

Newly Enlightened
design flaws? I've been reading up a bit on this light and see that there are several problems with it, ie: poor water resistance, batteries discharging when the light is off, etc. I don't want to buy a light that I have to personally mod in order for it to be reliable, so should I avoid this light? Thanks.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eagletac is tightening down on qc right now.. I'll recieve a light from the next batch, and do a review. Stay tuned :)

Gavin S.

Newly Enlightened
Eagletac is tightening down on qc right now.. I'll recieve a light from the next batch, and do a review. Stay tuned :)

That's great. Though the language of my post may have suggested otherwise, the truth is that I have already ordered one from PTS. Any chance the light I get will have the QC problems addressed or should I just send it back?

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
design flaws? I've been reading up a bit on this light and see that there are several problems with it, ie: poor water resistance, batteries discharging when the light is off, etc. I don't want to buy a light that I have to personally mod in order for it to be reliable, so should I avoid this light? Thanks.

Do you have a link to the post about the batteries discharging? I just got an M2 and think it's great, but I didnt see anything about self-discharging.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Do you have a link to the post about the batteries discharging? I just got an M2 and think it's great, but I didnt see anything about self-discharging.

I did post it in two threads about the M2, one was the review thread. The basic is: It has a standby current of 0.7 mA, this will drain a 2200mAh LiIon in about 4 months. Mounting the switch and using it to turn of the light will eliminate the problem.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is unfortunate that the standby current is so high. Once it was revealed how the rotating switch worked it was clear there was a parasitic drain without the tail cap. I like tail standing this light so much, that i'm not going to be installing the tail switch. It isn't a light I need to grab very often and have instant on, so when in prolonged storage or sitting on the shelf I'm loosening the bezel a couple of turns to break the circuit.

The water proofness issue has been solved. Just need to install the little o-rings for the screws. I'll register my light soon, and I understand EagleTac will send them for free. Not a big deal for me, but it will be nice to get it sealed up.

I'm "very" happy with this light, but my expectations were no doubt different from others.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's great. Though the language of my post may have suggested otherwise, the truth is that I have already ordered one from PTS. Any chance the light I get will have the QC problems addressed or should I just send it back?

The waterproof issue was addressed by eagletac,, if you contact them, they will send orings to solve that problem. Not all lights have. Problems, I suggest you wait until you recieve it, check it out, then decide. :)

Kiessling

Flashaholic
There are currently several threads about this light and its problems running. I'll close this one now. Please continue in th eother threads.
Thanx.
bernie

Status
Not open for further replies.