Elzetta and Malkoff joint venture:

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Elzetta said:
Introducing Elzetta's brightest idea yet!
The new Elzetta ZFL-M60 featuring illumination by Malkoff Devices.

Elzetta's ZFL-M60 LED Tactical Flashlight boasts patent pending Malkoff Devices Technology, rated at 235 honest lumens out the front (not rated at the emitter like competitive units). Benefits include optical beam projection for uniform lighting, electronic current management circuitry for optimized battery life, fully potted electrical components for ruggedized performance, and a patent pending heat sink mechanism for efficient thermal management. Run time is 1.5 hours at full output on a fresh set of 123A lithium batteries. The ZFL-M60 body, constructed of Mil-Spec Type III Hard Anodized 6061-T6 Aluminum, features circumferential grooves which may be fitted with O-rings (included) for an enhanced fit in Elzetta Tactical Flashlight Holders, providing a complete Elzetta Illumination System.

I love getting new information!

EDIT: Initial impressions and first pics just posted HERE.

Last edited:

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks pretty hefty and how can you go wrong with Malkoff! Never heard of Elzetta tho.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I like what I see.

The success or failure of this is going to be #1 the switch, and #2 the cost.
popcorn.gif

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
The cost (even after the $30 off) is a little high. I don't really see what this host offers that the MD2 doesn't, especially since you can get the MD2 HAIII with the 2 mode ring for just 6 dollars more than this light.
I noticed that they advertised "235 real lumens." Were they using MrGman's readings from his thread? I really think that Malkoff should use these on his site instead of the theoretical LED values.
I think if Malkoff sold the MD2 with a dropin included as a whole light through an online retailer he might be able to get more business from non-cpf people. Even though replacing a droping is easy, most people are probably looking for a complete light, not a dropin. That, and the fact that a complete "Malkoff flashlight" sounds really nice...
EDIT: Apparently this light doesn't even have a forward clicky either, but a twist/momentary on switch like the surefire 6P does ( I think this was what you were saying Sgt. LED). At this price point, this light should have a forward clicky.

Last edited:

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
I was fortunate enough to play with this light at SHOT show in January, and was very impressed. It is a tactical light, made to be used either in the hand or as a weaponlight. Based on the proto unit I saw, I would say that it is at least Surefire quality...maybe better. I think this will be a popular light for people who need a true tactical light (police, miliatary, etc) *edit* Why is CPF putting my paragraphs into one big blob???

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast
EDIT: Apparently this light doesn't even have a forward clicky either, but a twist/momentary on switch like the surefire 6P does ( I think this was what you were saying Sgt. LED). At this price point, this light should have a forward clicky.
According to PTS, they are going to be designing a clicky at Mike's request for this light. Also, there will be a remote switch for weapons mount available in the future as well. I think that this should satisfy most of the crowd.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Yeah, this light is basically going to be a well constructed P60 host with a Malkoff M60 drop-in, from what I can tell.

Stylish light.

If I didn't already have a Surefire 6P with a handmade M60 in it, I'd buy the Elzetta light.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any idea if these are wide enough to fit 18650's? I would think they aren't but there's always a chance...

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Well the outside of the body looks fat enough to take them!

If they can't take them from the factory I hope boring them out is possible.

MWClint

Enlightened
i love how the picture at the top showcases a Surefire G2

Crenshaw

actually it showcases their weapon mount and its capability to hold a surefire.
they are marketing towards firearm users..not flashaholics. makes perfect sense to drop an easily distinguishable surefire in there.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty nice looking light, and HA :cool:. If it can accept an 18650 :twothumbs.

Based on the street price listed on MP ($119), if that includes the M60 (which I'm guessing it does), their pricing is no too bad. The M60 is pretty pricey to begin with. It would be better value and have a wider appeal if it included a Clicky, but for their customer base it's probably a good start they need reliable. They will need to come up with that Tape switch though.

Interesting times.... now where is that M30, I still can't find it. :mecry:

JJay03

Newly Enlightened
I like the looks of this light but I already have a m60 hopefully we can get other variations. I hate twisties also so ide want it to be a clicky.

Last edited:

Latest posts