Turkey Hunting lights

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am packing for the weeks turkey hunt up at the cabin. Beside the photon and L0PSE in my jeans pockets, which will be likely hanging on a clothes hook from the day I get there til the day I leave, I have packed my 2AA Minimag MagLED and my Streamlight Stylus Pro.

The Minimag is for belt carry in the woods, and the Stylus Pro is for walking back and forth to and from the outhouse at night.

I did also toss in spare cells, just in case but I doubt they will be needed.

watt4

Enlightened
turkeys!

multiturkeys.gif

FRANKVZ

Enlightened
TURKEY2009.jpg

Here's a pic of my turkey. I carry a couple of 2 stage D-mini's when hunting with a bunch of spare batteries.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
When walking thru the woods sometimes too bright a light is a deteriment because it tends to reflect off foliage. My T1 did that the one time I took it out in the woods hich is why I dont again. I do like either my red X5, or the minimag with a red filter much better.

Last edited:

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good luck! I like my HDS Basic 42 XR, GT perfect for hunting!!

Desertrat

Newly Enlightened
I will be going after turkey this October.....I camp for a few nights and I usually bring my Polystinger for the main light....have the DC charger in my Jeep...and either a SF 6p or G2 LED for the other chores. That is usually all I need. The Stinger will penetrate the woods well enough in case of a "things that go bump in the night" episode. :laughing: