dose this headband exist

Barrie

Enlightened
i am looking for a headband that will let a light sit on top of my head rather than at the side
any one know if such a headband is available
Barrie

Marduke

Flashaholic
I don't think so, you would have to make it yourself. And even then, it would probably be much bulkier and awkward than just using a headlamp to begin with.

jankj

Enlightened
Many cyclists strap their flashlights to their helmets in this fashion. Bicycle helmets have air vents, and a a little ingenuity with a luggage strap, rubber band or duct tape through those vents is usually all it takes.

I don't know of any headbands made this way.

One reason may be that a top mounted flashlight will certainly interfere with the hood used on jackets for cold and rough environments. I typically don't go for bicycle trips in a snow storm, but I may very well find myself skiing in one. And then I desperately, really, really need my hood to work.

Another reason is that you need more material, ingeneering and effort to stabilize the light. The simplest headband is simply a band around your forehead, the light either to the front (usual) or on the side (such as the nite-ize headband - they stink, in my opinion). Adding a stabilizing top strap over your head is the next level of complexity. To mount your light to this top strap you would probably need one more "top strap" perpendicular to the first one. Why bother with all this extra enginering effort to make it work when the front mount works so well?

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I mount a torch to my head on a soft adjustable cap with velcro.

I sew the velcro on to the top and then use some elastic loops with the other bit of the velcro to position it where I want the light.

Well, it not actually velcro(tm) but its some cheap hook and loop velcro(tm) style straps.

Weight wise, a L2D is perfect. Anything more and the balance is a bit off. Anything less is even better.

I'll see if I can do a photo of it tonight.