• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Mag 1C, 2C, 3C, and 4C battery tubes pre-cut and/or bored for 26xxx Li-Ion cells

nicknich22931

Newly Enlightened
FS: Mag 2C, 3C, and 4C battery tubes bored for 26xxx Li-Ion cells

I have Maglite C size battery tubes bored for 26500/26650 cells. The 3C tubes are on sale for $20 to reduce inventory. The regular price is $25. These were all bored by Jesus Hernandez to use the standard tail cap and spring and should work with both the AW V2 C switch and the standard Mag switch.*

IMG_3236a.jpg

IMG_3239a.jpg

A 4C bored only tube is shown on the right, the two on the left are cut and bored.
Boring does not remove the anodization from the tail cap threads, cutting and re-threading does.

For the AW V2 C Mag switch (also works with standard C Mag switch):
2C tube bored for two 26500 cells @ $25 ea. + shipping (sold out)
3C tube bored for three 26500 cells @ $20 ea. + shipping (4 available)
4C tube bored for four 26500 or three 26650 cells @ $25 ea. + shipping (sold out)

All of the above listings are battery tubes only and do not have any o-rings, tail caps, switches, heads, etc.

I have the Maglite parts to turn these battery tubes into complete flashlights (less bulb or battery, includes standard Mag switch) for $15 additional. (sold out)

US shipping/handling and insurance is $7 for a battery tube or $9 for a complete flashlight. PM for an international shipping estimate or if you need the shipping charge for more than one item.

Send PayPal to [email protected] and include your CPF handle. Also post your order's details on this thread. I will ship once a week, update the listing, and post the outgoing shipments.

To contact me privately please send PM through CPF. I will not log on every day so give me a few days to respond to PM or posts.
______________________________________________________________________________________

F.Y.I. 26650 Li-Ion cells are available in LiFePO4 (3.2V) and LiMN (3.7V) chemistries. Both of these types of rechargeable Lithium batteries are considered "safe" compared to traditional (unprotected) LiCo batteries. They are unlikely to vent with flame when abused. They also can deliver more current with less voltage drop.

26650 cells I have tested:
LiFePO4 (3.2V) 3200 mAH http://store.peakbattery.com/lfp26.html
LiMN (3.7V) 3000 mAH which is apparently no longer available from voltmanbatteries.com

The 26500 LiMN (3.7V) 2300 mAH battery is available from CPF member AW
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=191277

Batteryspace.com sells the 26650 cells in both chemistries:

3.7V 4000 mAH LiMN - http://www.batteryspace.com/limnnirechargeable26650cell37v4000mah10arated148wh.aspx
3.2V 3300 mAH LiFe - http://www.batteryspace.com/lifepo426650cell32v3300mah16.5arate10whunapproved.aspx

*The battery tubes are bored for a good fit for up to a maximum battery diameter of 1.05". Since boring the tubes removes the electrically non-conductive annodization from the inside of the tube you must have a protective tube or heat shrink on each battery.

Last edited:

nicknich22931

Newly Enlightened
rokspydr,
I do have a 3C cut and bored for 2 26650 cells. ($48 + $6 = $54)

JasonH,
I also have the 4C bored. ($25 + $6 = $31)

the $6 shipping is for the US only.

Send Paypal to [email protected] with your shipping address.

merrimac,
I do not currently have any tubes cut for a 1C. If there is enough interest I could have a batch made. Would you want it bored also?

JasonH

Enlightened
Paypal sent for the 4C mag.
4C bored tube $25
Kit to complete light $10
Shipping $8

Thanks

My four C arrived and it is a nice bore job. However, the boring stops approx 1/8" before the switch opening. The IMR cells hit that barrier and stop. There is a small gap between the battery + and the switch contact. Moving the switch rearward does allow a connection to be made but at the cost of the on/off button disappearing into the tube and the switch boot not fittting.

So, now I'm wondering can the boring be continued perhaps 3/16" further or is there a limit to the length of the boring process.

Last edited:

nicknich22931

Newly Enlightened
BigusLightus,

:oops:

Let me fit a switch and batteries into a cut 3C tube and see if there is a problem. I don't have any more of the uncut 4C tubes to check.

I did build two LED lights with the cut 2C tubes without the problem you mentioned. I was using a stock Mag switch. Are you using the stock switch?

As to whether there is a limit to the boring process, I will see if Jesus Hernandez, who did the work, can answer your question.

I'm using an AW V2 C Mag switch. It is slightly shorter that a stock Mag switch. With a magnifying glass I can look through the switch opening and see approx. 1/8" gap between the batt + and the switch contact. If the boring were just another 3/16" or 1/4" further towards the head all would be well.

Thanks

nicknich22931

Newly Enlightened
BigusLightus,

I just sent an email to Mr. Hernandez to see if he can bore the tube the additional amount needed for your application. I will let you know your options after his response.

Are you using 26650 cells or AW's 26500 cells?

I'm using 4 x AW IMR 26500 to push a 64623. Might try a 64625 just for fun and hope I don't :poof:. Either way, this thing is a monster in a 4C Mag. I can light up half the neighborhood or give you a suntan at fifty feet or a sun burn at 25. lol

I received an email from Jesus, all is well.

Thank you,
James

sprinkle

Newly Enlightened
I am wanting one for 26500. I am trying to bore one out myself the hard way using the brake cylinder hone method but man it's taking too long. My machinist friend is on vacation and I am not a patient man lol.

I would be interested in a 3C bored only if you plan on offering them.

nicknich22931

Newly Enlightened
sprinkle,

:)

If I can get the tubes, I plan on having some 4C, 3C, and 2C tubes bored. I can't say exactly when they will be available. I expect by the end of April.

Last edited:

sprinkle

Newly Enlightened
Well just post on here when you get them or when you know they will be ready. If I haven't got mine bored by then I will get one for sure. Probably will get one anyway. In fact will probably get one of each.