What IR Surefire is this?

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetigns all!

and a note to moderators....I do think it belongs here, but if it is actually a NV/IR issue do move it over there.

So what flashlight is this:

newdoqilz.jpg

It comes in a Blue LaserProducts box that was resold by FN along with a P-90 PDW order...

I would also like some pointers to the tape switch (why does it seem like NOT Surefire), type of LED used (it does not come with an IR filter) and most importat of all,
what is the aproximate age of that thing if any of the parts, especially the Z32 head & LP box, are indicative of age?

Many thanks, Kostas

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
The bezel is a Z32 in shape and style - unless, as you say it is a dedicated IR LED bezels in which case it is a SureFire L46 IR Lamp Module.

From what I gather it features a 35 mW 830nm wavelength Infra-Red diode producing a ~12deg beam. [insert batteries backwards unless the instructions specifically state otherwise]
(same IR LED as the 3DL as far as I can tell)
As a side note it seems the M1 uses a 10 milliwatts/880nm IR diode...

The L46 is screwed into the equivalent of a SureFire A21 Universal Housing Body (the L46 is the whole Lamp Module)

The mount is a SureFire M10 1" Ring Weaver Mount, Low Base, Female.

Screwed onto the Lamp Module is a Laser Devices remote switch assembly.
My guess is either
#21450 Straight Wire Pressure Pad switch with Positive Off (kill) Toggle switch
or
#21451 Straight Wire Pressure Pad switch with Positive On/Off Toggle switch

The L46 pre-dates the M1 so that puts it pre-1998 at a guess.

JonM

Newly Enlightened
My God man! That description was like straight out of a catalouge or an encyclopedia! Like an episode of CSI- you could be a forensic flasholigist, I.D.-ing lights used by bad guys left at crime scenes. :twothumbs

I guess you are an admin. for a reason! :tinfoil:

Size15's

Flashaholic
My God man! That description was like straight out of a catalouge or an encyclopedia! Like an episode of CSI- you could be a forensic flasholigist, I.D.-ing lights used by bad guys left at crime scenes.
My explanation wasn't especially catalog-like in simplicity though... And to be fair it isn't usually bad guys with niche SureFires either!
Thanks all the same. The L46 has been discussed before on CPF, and rare Classic WeaponLight model numbers seem to be my speciality! :green:

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
size15 I knew that I would get an answer from you...definetely....

Thepointer to L46 is what i needed..Since SF site does not give any search results I will browse what 90s catalogs I have at home
and will search CPF too

Many Thanks kostas

Last edited:

Paladin

Enlightened
I'm impressed with the super secret squirrel arrangement using Laser Products parts with Laser Devices parts! That kind of cross pollination is fairly rare. I wonder if the batteries are installed + forward like SF, or + rearward like LD.

Paladin

Size15's

Flashaholic
I understand that the Classic IR illuminators such as the 3DL and L46 require the battery(s) to be inserted 'the wrong way round' just like SureFire's Lasers.