Inretech Trilight Questions

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can it be used with rechargeables? Is it 3+ times as bright as the Inretech 2AA? Is it possible to fit a 30mm optic on one of the luxeons? Are there any beamshots comparing to the 2AA, unmodded Mag 3D, or a similar light? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the Trilight can be used with rechargeables. I have been using rechargeables in my Helios and Super6 with no problems...

shipinretech

Enlightened
Pi_is_blue,

If you are using NiCd or NiMh, I reccomend using a 4D Maglite. If you are using rechargable alkalines (like Ray-O-Vac makes) you can use either 3D or 4D.

The Trilight is more than three times as bright as the 2AA adapter because the LEDs are run at full power with the best heatsink on the market.

Our main web page has a picture that offers some comparison between the 2AA and the TRILIGHT, but those are over six months old. Our product has improved with time.

The NX-05 optics are held in place by the integral lens of the emitter and the flashlight lens. Any replacement collimnating optics should have a cavity designed to be compatible with the Luxeon emitter. I would not expect a replacement lens without a cavity to be successful.

We sell more 2AA adapters than TRILIGHTs, but as engineers we really like the TRILIGHT a lot more.

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sometimes - Its sort of a wash between Alkalines and NiCads, Alkalines put out 1.5v, and NiCads put out 1.25v - but with the high current draw on the MEGA6, the voltage output of the Alkalines goes down so much due to the high ESR of the batteries, so its actually better to run NiCads in it