EagleTac M2C4 = P7? Why not a MC-E?

2sparky

Newly Enlightened
Questions in the title. Why the P7 instead of the newer MC-E? Is there a plus? What are the minuses? Thanks.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suppose they just decided to use a P7 instead of an MC-E. Its a shame they didn't use an MC-E, because they could have made a warm version with it, giving a nice warm floody light. Apparently there is no "warm" P7.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen a lot of the new MC-E lights and most of them have pretty poor beams. At least compared to what we're used to seeing with XR-E's and SSC P4's. The P7 produces a smoother beam than the MC-E, so maybe that's why they went with it.

bullettproof

Enlightened
Because P7's Kick AZZ!!!lovecpf

P7's seem to disperse heat better then MC-E's in my opinion I guess because of there bigger size?? Every P7 light I have had runs cooler then the MC-E lights Ive had.

Last edited:

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bet you this is the reason.

Or, maybe they had a contract with SSC?
A contract with SSC? 99% of the EagleTac lights use either the XR-E or the newer XP-E, so if anything they have a contract with CREE... The M2C4 is the only EagleTac light with an emitter made by SSC.

Last edited:

2sparky

Newly Enlightened
good deal of information! Thanks, It was just kinda under my skin when I went to get one for my B-day.
-Barry-