Streamlight Scorpion LED vs Surefire 6p LED?

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
The scorpion led is usually a warm tinted led...the 6p led can be white, yellow, blue or green. The 6P led will have longer runtime at lower output. The Scorpion led is a tough light, but you cannot put a better drop in in it.

I have had both and I would pick the 6P led...and then get rid of the SF lamp assembly for something better.

WDR65

Enlightened
I'm also curious about this. Does the Scorpion LED look 40 lumens brighter and how does the beam compare to the P60L?

Both P60L's that I have owned were bluish tinted. Hard to notice in real outdoor use and it really didn't matter to me but they were easily noticable indoors.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
The scorpion led is a tough light. I didn't decide to keep mine because it did not compare to the 225lm beam of my Fenix T1 at the time. So I decided to torture test it. I threw it 15' into the air 7-10 times and it still worked...something plastic broke in the scorpion's switch...but it still worked. Because of the rubber boot, momentary is easy, but constant on is hard with one hand. The led is 30-40 lumens brighter than the 6pl.