Any 1 make a 1x-cr123 P7 -MC-E light?

I was wondering if any manufacturers make a "nitecore extreme" size (single cr123) P7/MC-E light that is full power (2.8a) and good quality?

jake25

Enlightened
At full power, 2.8A to a P7 you're going to need to use an AW IMR123. You're going to see MAYBE 15 minutes of runtime.

If you dial it down to 2.0 or 2.2 Amps you might get up to 30 minutes.

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only one i can think of is the Lumapower D-mini Extreme using a MC-E on batteryjunction. It can run on a single RCR or with the extender it cans use a 18650.

The only one i can think of is the Lumapower D-mini Extreme using a MC-E on batteryjunction. It can run on a single RCR or with the extender it cans use a 18650.

Almost what I want except the head is as big as a door knob. Any lights like that with a small head?

At full power, 2.8A to a P7 you're going to need to use an AW IMR123. You're going to see MAYBE 15 minutes of runtime.

If you dial it down to 2.0 or 2.2 Amps you might get up to 30 minutes.

Im cool with that as I want short bursts of light. Also extra batteries are not an issue.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
My only MC-E light right now is a Malkoff M60/MC-E drop-in that I have in a C2. It would not have much output on 1 cell. I think it was Matrixshaman that has a custom NovaTac with an MC-E, it runs on 1 cell but it's custom.

Right now it does not really make much sense, but if Matrixshaman offered me his light I'd take it. After all there is not a lot of sense in amny of the lights i own.

I've got to check the runtime on and Malkoff because I really like it outside, but tend to use my other lights right now.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was wondering if any manufacturers make a "nitecore extreme" size (single cr123) P7/MC-E light that is full power (2.8a) and good quality?

If you use a 2.8A P7/MC-E w/ a single IMR 16340 in Surefire 3P size light = around 330~350 lumens for a short period, then the lumens will drop.

You might get the same Lumens from 2A vs. 2.8A. More current will not give you more lumens running a single IMR 16340. If you are okay with a P7 at 2.8~3.5A making under 350 Lumens w/ a single IMR 16340 then this set-up will work for you and pack plenty of WOW factor.

To take advantage of the high current a P7 or MC-E offers you need heatsinking like the ones the Mag light P7 builds use and bigger cells like C or D NiMH cells.

LOOK AT THE MrGman sticky in which he tested many combos with P7's, cells, and heatsinks. It will make it clear.

bigchelis

MWClint

Enlightened
You might get the same Lumens from 2A vs. 2.8A. More current will not give you more lumens running a single IMR 16340. If you are okay with a P7 at 2.8~3.5A making under 350 Lumens w/ a single IMR 16340 then this set-up will work for you and pack plenty of WOW factor.

+1
in a small light..you end up just creating heat..2.8 amps will be 5 minute runtime on an IMR.

i recently built a dswoi p7 + boom S + bi-flupic(2amp) + imr 16340 in a small brass Peak. the multi mode from the flupic allows it to be a very usable edc.

the short boom S reflector allows room for a bunch of extra heatsink material.
In the space where you'd normally have a thin p4 star+20mm reflector, you
can fit a 3/8" thick copper heatsink+ p7+ boom-s reflector.

2 amps is really nice on a P7 + IMR 16340 combo (12 minutes). i try to keep it at 1 minute bursts.
medium mode is 700 mah(45 minutes) ~150-200 lumens- very floody, great runtime.
low 60mah(several hours) ~12-15 lumens

the better the heatsinking..the more lumens you'll get out of that 2 amps.

build thread(from the peak forum..it was not an easy mod.)
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/224304

Last edited:

Latest posts