Jetbeam III-M OP and SMO

Tactikool

Newly Enlightened
Hey CPFers!

I recently acquired a second Jetbeam III-M Flashlight due to a contest win! The light is even better than my first one, the lens of the newer one is AR Coated (Anti-Reflective) it also has a smooth reflector which does make a difference by the way. I would like to thank Jetbeam for this light as well as post some pictures with the story I sent in! This story is true by the way. Here it is!

IMG_3379.JPG

The box is much different than the first one made of paper, This one is made of cardboard, its quite high quality it still retains the magnetic closure.
IMG_3389.JPG

IMG_3392.JPG

IMG_3395.JPG

Jetbeam was even nice enough to sign it for me! In two languages! How is that for applesauce? Jetbeam is a GREAT Company :)
IMG_3396.JPG

IMG_3398.JPG

IMG_3399.JPG

IMG_3400.JPG

IMG_3401.JPG

IMG_3403.JPG

IMG_3405.JPG

IMG_3406.JPG

IMG_3411.JPG

You can tell the one on the left has AR coat, the slightly blue glow is the AR Coat.
IMG_3417.JPG

IMG_3423.JPG

IMG_3425.JPG

IMG_3434.JPG

IMG_3439.JPG

IMG_3441.JPG

IMG_3445.JPG

Left = SMO Right = OP reflector (Will get some different beamshots further away if requested)

There are a few changes from the old III-M to the new one such as O-ring color is now a gray tone that doesn't stand out as much. Hope you guy like the pictures, if you want a higher resoloution one your welcome to email me or PM me and I can probably get them to you!

My Jetbeam Light Saved my Life. Thank you Jetbeam, Really.

It all happened on a dark heavily snowed in Sunday night, around 7:30pm. (Week before Christmas) I was on the phone with a friend taking a walk, I was in my full cold weather clothing my Balaclava, ECWCS (Extreme Cold Weather Clothing System) pants and a Flight jacket with my Jetbeam III-M on beacon mode so the cars could see me. All of a sudden a Blue Jeep wrangler zooms around the corner, slamming on their brakes opened the door to look at me and sped off. I figured it was just some kids out having fun when I was almost home and here they are again. This time the two of them acting like they were gang members, shouting at me for having my strobe on. They jump out of the car acting macho, I ask my friend to listen and not say a word as the driver yells "Got a problem holmes, this is my HOOD!", The passenger has a rod of metal most likely a baton of some sort. It was dark and the shiny metal rod stood out, they kept approaching me as I walk backwards. The passenger yells "Wanna fight holmes?" as he hits the rod against his hand like he is going to beat me with it. They get closer and closer I keep walking backwards and stated firmly I did not want to fight, I was nearing the ditch at the side of the road when the passenger yells "HIT HIM WITH THE JEEP!" they run back to the jeep, My Heart racing I knew they wanted to kill me at that point when the driver turned his wheels towards me. In a split second I raise my Jetbeam III-M and shine it in the drivers eyes, His eyes turned huge and as he accelerated vigorously towards me. He came extremely close to hitting me as I sprinted into the trees to avoid being a pink froth for the snow, They immediately took off and I called the Police. I was out filming earlier in the week and was lucky to get his license plate number read off to my friend. I am truly convinced that my Jetbeam III-M saved my life that night, or at very least saved me a trip to the hospital with severe injuries. Thank you, Jetbeam. Your product saved my life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great story, David! You acted very well in this situation, I'm happy for you and your friend that you're both fine. By the way, did you carry a firearm with you? Just interested :)

And nice action of JetBeam too, it seems to be a reliable company since it was restructured.

Tactikool

Newly Enlightened
Great story, David! You acted very well in this situation, I'm happy for you and your friend that you're both fine. By the way, did you carry a firearm with you? Just interested :)

And nice action of JetBeam too, it seems to be a reliable company since it was restructured.

I do not carry a firearm with me, I am an NRA Member though and will look into a concealed carry sometime soon.