Is this Surefire Weaponlight P60 compatible??????

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take a look and help!!!! I was thinking of picking this up to drop-in = R2 P60 drop-in or P7 P60 drop-in!:D

handgunlight.jpg

Thank you,
bigchelis

Size15's

Flashaholic
Yes it is a P-Series "Nitrolon" Handgun WeaponLight that uses the P60 incandescent Lamp Assembly.

It is not clear which model it is exactly...

It is not a P116C though.

The "6" indicates that it is supplied with the trigger guard adapter rail mount for a Beretta (92, 96).
Since the photo does not show it with an adapter rail it is not possible to confirm it is a "6".

It has no SlimLine pressure switch so it is not a "C" or a "D".
"C" is for a constant-on shuttle switch
"D" is for a disable shuttle switch

Since it has no SlimLine pressure switch the shuttle switch is a constant-on switch because otherwise it would not be possible to activate the light!

The most accurate model number based on the photo alone is P11x although no such model exists as they were all specific to handgun makes/models.

Of course the purpose of this thread is to determine whether the P-Series Nitrolon handgun WeaponLight can accept an aftermarket LED drop-in assembly.

It can not.

The P-Series housing/body holds the batteries side-by-side both facing forward with the internal wiring resulting in them being 'backwards'.
So unless the aftermarket drop-in has electronics to accept reversed polarity it will not function and may even be damaged.
The P60L will not function either.
DSC02895.JPG

DSC02894.JPG

[I apologise for the poor quality photos - they were taken a long time ago before LEDs and polarity being an issue]

Sorry.

Al

Last edited:

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
This may seem like a stupid question, but why can't the batteries simply be put in backwards?

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another dumb question....

Can a 6P bezel fit in lieu of the nitrolon?

Also,
A direct drive P7 has reverse polarity protection "Nature of the beast". If I have a P7 P60 drop-in on direct drive does this mean it will work?

Also,
A P91 would also make for a really good high output weaponlight.

I was looking at this one to use on my Glock 32.

Thanks,
bigchelis

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
What limits them from being put in backwards? Is it a physical mechanism/restiction? What about flat topped RCR123s (are these even available anymore?)?

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is what the seller thinks the official name is

Surefire Nitrolon P114C-DG Weaponlight With remote tail cap

Size15's

Flashaholic
Another dumb question....

Can a 6P bezel fit in lieu of the nitrolon?
I don't believe I've ever seen a standard bezel (Z44) being substituted for the shock isolated aluminium bezel used by the P-Series Nitrolon WeaponLight.
I don't know - one would have to try it.

A direct drive P7 has reverse polarity protection "Nature of the beast". If I have a P7 P60 drop-in on direct drive does this mean it will work?
I don't know. However, I guess the meaning of that is that the drop-in won't be damaged by reversed polarity rather than it being able to reverse 'reversed polarity' back the way it needs it in order to power the electronics and LED.

A P91 would also make for a really good high output weaponlight.
Note that the P-Series Nitrolon Handgun WeaponLight shock isolated bezel features a Lexan window. It is at risk of being damaged by excessive heat.

I was looking at this one to use on my Glock 32.
You would definitely need SureFire's trigger guard adapter rail mount for the Glock. It can not be mounted directly. Even mounting directly to a Picatinny Rail requires it to be modified.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Here is what the seller thinks the official name is

Surefire Nitrolon P114C-DG Weaponlight With remote tail cap
The photo shown above is a very old stock photo.
It is not a photo of the P114C-DG.
The "4" indicates the Trigger Guard Rail Adapter Mount is for Sig Sauer P226, P228 or P229. The "-DG" indicates that rather than a "SlimLine" (wrap around the handgun's grip) pressure switch, it has an InLine pressure switch that locates against the front of the grip.

The P114C-DG pressure switch may not be able to be modified to fit a Glock 32 even if you were able to find a Glock adapter to mount it.

I suggest an X300