Post #1000 - Why EDC a Flashlight?

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
So here I am in Honolulu with my family on vacation (I just had to see Mr Bulk's "factory").

The kids are asleep, and my wife and I are putting away our clothes and a bunch of groceries that we bought earlier. Our timeshare condo is spacious with three wall air conditioners....ZAP eveything goes dark. No big deal...I reach for my A2, locate the circuit breaker panel in the kitchen, and my blackout is terminated in less than 30 ve seconds.

My wife's comment.."Lucky thing you do flashights ... most people would have to search for a flashlight and I'm sure they wouldn't have one while on vacation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

yclo

Flashaholic*
Lucky you do do flashlights now, imagine what would've happened if you pulled out a teddy bear when the lights went out? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DrAg0n

Banned
if it were me, i would have left the power off and prove to the family that flashlights is not a silly hobby after all... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
fc06fa1f.jpg

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always wondered what you looked like. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why EDC a flashlight?

I EDC a flashlight rather than other things, like knives or lighters, because a flashlight has multiple uses other than just to light things up.

It can be used as an impact tool, it's great for getting out of or into car windows. It can be used as a close combat weapon, a metal flashlight is harder than your fist, and it's small footprint can really do some damage on pressure points...also i think you'd be less scrutinzed by the law if you were caught fighting with a flashlight, rather than a knife. Take Aragorn's situation, i didn't agree with him whipping out is E2 and gashing it on a students face...but at least it wasn't a knife, or pencil or pen for self defense; it's less lethal but very usefull.

paulr

Flashaholic
I think if I tried to break a window or gash someone's face with my Photon II, they'd lock me up for being nuts rather than for being violent or destructive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif