Best ~20mm aspheric lens?

cryhavok

Enlightened
Hey all,

I'm looking for the best aspheric lens that is roughly 20mm in diameter.

Let's hear it if you have found a good one!

Al Combs

Enlightened
How about this by LED Zeppelin? He says it's only available to people buying his MZ kits or Mods. It's an aspheric in a sleeve made to approximate a McR19XR. So the lens must be ≈ 18mm. He even has beamshots. Maybe if you ask him real nice, he might either sell you one or tell you where he gets the aspherics from.

Here is a build he did with a coated aspheric he bought from SurplusShed. The coated ones are no longer available.

cryhavok

Enlightened
Thanks for the reply. It seems after doing some reading he is using the lenses from DX and removes the lip so they are 18mm diameter.

I have these and while they are pretty good, I'm looking to see if there is anything better.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are looking for aspheric lens things I have learned...

• You will losse up to 40% of the lumens using aspheric vs. Reflector. Look at MrGmans Sticky in the LED section, the aspheric readings are on post #3.
  • The Surefire 6P bezel will focus perfectly, but it needs a 22mm aspheric. The acrylic (not glass)
  • The Glass one from DX that is 22mm will not focus.
I had 10 of those other aspherics from LED Zepplin and they are $20~$25 each.:eek:, but you get the holder for them. They fit all those lipstick 18650 type lights at DX and focus the beam perfectly.

Good luck,
bigchelis