Votes: 19 29.2%
  • Buy the 4Sevens

Votes: 29 44.6%
  • Buy them both!

Votes: 17 26.2%

• Total voters

adnj

Enlightened
I wanted something brighter than my Ra EDC and was collecting pennies to get another Ra.

BUT I see that 4Sevens is posting prices for their new homebrew light with 170 lumens OTF at $59.

The question becomes do I get the Ra (which I love) or get 3 "Quarks", have some money left over and maybe even get a factory clip that I can't use to flip my morning eggs on the grill?

I really do hope that I won't need to spend an extra $30 for an aftermarket clip for the new 4Sevens Quark like I did for the Ra EDC.

Last edited:

adnj

Enlightened
The Quark is supposed to have a new, innovative clip design according to their posts in the Marketplace. I suppose that I should have mentioned that.

I do hope that it has a screw-on bezel though.

Last edited:

Lumenz

Enlightened
I have a Ra Executive 140 and I am planning to get the Quark lights when they come out. The Ra is currently my favorite light so I am interested to find out if the Quark can take it's place.

adnj

Enlightened
I was interested in the Custom Ra Clicky: $229.00 but I am still looking for a pic of the Quark.

mon90ey

Newly Enlightened
I'm sure the RA is a quality light, although I don't own one and can't speak from experience with it. However, I do have experience with 4Sevens, and I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that, if David is associated with it and has it for sale on his web site, you can rest assured it will be the best available, and that he will stand behind it. That alone is worth it to me. I plan on buying his lights. I think it's the best value for the money, IMHO. :twothumbs

copperfox

Enlightened
Having owned a Novatac in the past and having handled the Quark prototypes at PF12, I would suggest that you wait and buy a Quark. Primarily this is because it's a better value (quality for dollars). The Ra might have the upper hand on the UI, but for me that doesn't justify the price. Plus, the Ra is only available in (R)CR123 form. The quarks are going to be 1x and 2x AA and (R)CR123, so you have more cell options. And if you have been following Dave's "design philosophy" threads, you know the quark series is going to be stellar.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if the Quark 123x2 light will take a 18650 batt?

I wonder if there will be some that have a warm white led.

I expect these to have 5 evenly spaced levels (based on info on his manufacture forum).

I expect to have a Quarky little flashlight in the near future.

easilyled

Flashaholic
If you want to be sure, then why not wait until there's some feedback or reviews about the Quark.

Remember the proverb "a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush"

Please don't corrupt it either. :tsk:

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, and a well centered LED. Hopefully there will be some more info coming out of the shot show.

adnj

Enlightened
I wonder if the Quark 123x2 light will take a 18650 batt?

I wonder if there will be some that have a warm white led.

I expect these to have 5 evenly spaced levels (based on info on his manufacture forum).

I expect to have a Quarky little flashlight in the near future.

There are supposed to be two circuits (buck and boost). May be able to run a 18650 in the 2xCR123 with tweak to the spring or small spacer.

oldpal

Enlightened
Is the 4Sevens new light going to be an up, down or a charm quark? Surely it won't be a strange one. ;)

Hugh

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
there was talk about warm tints as option to 47 lights. so there is hope.

i am waiting for the actual description of them before deciding. and maybe some reviews by people whose judgement i have learned to trust.. u know who you are, but to name a few.. mev selfbuilt.

i have been wanting to buy a Ra for months. but i just cant make myself spend that much on ONE light. during that time i have spend 2-3 times as much on other lights.

my vote goes to quark because cheaper price and blind trust 47 knows what they are doing. hahah.. but need more proof for 100% certainty.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've played with the Quark lights. I can't wait to pick some of them up. :) For their price they will be hard to beat. Hopefully 4sevens will be able to make enough of them to fill the demand there will be for them once people get their hands on them. :)

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every flashaholic should have a Ra! I love mine so much that I have had a hard time justifying any other lights... besides Ra's:) I have 12 of them now.

I am interested in 4Seven's new lights and will likely purchase the AA version when it comes out. At $59.00, it will be an easy choice.

gottawearshades

Enlightened
This seems like a rhetorical question. So I'll give a rhetorical answer: Ra all the way! I love my 170 cn.

However, 4Sevens is right upstanding member of CPF, and anything he creates is worth checking out.

And I see it comes with a Zintergrowany klips. How can Henry compete with that?

The question becomes do I get the Ra (which I love) or get 3 "Quarks", have some money left over and maybe even get a factory clip that I can't use to flip my morning eggs on the grill?

I really do hope that I won't need to spend an extra $30 for an aftermarket clip for the new 4Sevens Quark like I did for the Ra EDC.