Really impressed with the loooong runtime on lowest setting of JETBEAM PRO IBS III !

radu1976

Enlightened
I have done a runtime of my JET III PRO IBS with an AW 18650 and I was very impressed : 8 days without 3 hrs...so almost 190 hrs !!!??
The runtime on high is 1.5 hr !

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have done a runtime of my JET III PRO IBS with an AW 18650 and I was very impressed : 8 days without 3 hrs...so almost 190 hrs !!!??

8 days?? Should give it a try... You can run it for a month+ in the beacon setting

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on that, my Jet III Pro ST ran for 1hr 43 minutes on max (with active cooling, check out my avatar, its the Jet III on max sitting in a blue mug of water)

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
max setting draws some 1.4 A at battery here.
reprogrammed it down to 900 mA for useful 2+ hours runtime
(+ nearly not noticeable less in brightness)

thats why I like the I.B.S. so much, its me who decides the runtime/brightness of all the levels, not some other person w. totally other thinking.
:)

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
That result is quite believable to me. The lowest runs I've done my various Jet-IIIs with the original IBS circuit is "Default Lo", which gives typically just under 24 hours runtime. Default Lo is about 5.5x brighter than the minimum setting, so ~8 days makes sense given the increased efficiency of lower outputs.

FYI, I would add that the new broad-voltage Jet-IIIs (i.e. Jet-III M, Jet-III ST BOV) are capable of much lower minimum outputs. My Jet-III M's minimum setting is ~1/10 that of my original IBS Jet-III. I wouldn't even want to hazard a guess at how long that would last .... :whistle:

Kremer

Enlightened
FYI, I would add that the new broad-voltage Jet-IIIs (i.e. Jet-III M, Jet-III ST BOV) are capable of much lower minimum outputs. My Jet-III M's minimum setting is ~1/10 that of my original IBS Jet-III. I wouldn't even want to hazard a guess at how long that would last .... :whistle:

My ST/BV ran for 3 weeks at the minimum before I got bored and used it for something else. I use it on minimum every night as a nightlight next to my bed, which doesn't even dent the battery.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure wish they'd make more IBS lights. I really like my Jet 1 Mk IBS. I do wish they'd get better 18650 regulation though. Now imagine this... IBS programibility with the Raptor selector ring. (and fully regulated 18650) in a compact EDC package. ;) I'll keep dreaming.

:popcorn:

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
wouldnt it makes much more sense to measure the current (at that level "tested") and simply calculate runtime?
:thinking:

f.e. Jet III Pro ST, lowest setting, 9 mA draw, 2200 mAh 18650 (calculating with 2000 mAh)
--> 222 hours = 9 days

... effort: 30 secs instead of 9 days
;)

Kremer

Enlightened
wouldnt it makes much more sense to measure the current (at that level "tested") and simply calculate runtime?

Yep, I did on my ST/BVC 3ma on lowest, 900ma on max, and you can set it anywhere in between, insane...