D10 or NDI????

tignalljeeper

Newly Enlightened
New guy here, but I've been lurking around for a whiiiile.

I'm looking for a new EDC and have narrowed it down to either the D10 or the Defender Infinity. they are pretty much the same as far as I can tell, but can anyone tell me the pros and cons for either one?

or which one you believe would be the best?

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a good question. I've been considering another AA/14500 light to join my Incendio and Angel A. The Liteflux gets some good reviews, yet I think the Nitecore would be easier to operate.
I would like another AA/14500 light because of the near universal availability of AA cells. That 14500 realy does take this size to another level!:devil:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
The NDI is a cool light, but if I had to choose between my D10 and the NDI, I would go with the D10. I find the D10 to be a more solid light and I much prefer the smart PD to the clicky switch and bezel twisting.

tignalljeeper

Newly Enlightened
Do you want a one or two mode light? Clicky or piston?

Well, I would like a two mode light, a low level setting for everyday use, and then the max output (turbo) level. I have no real need for the Smart PD with 100 levels of light. But that light is cheaper than the NDI which is the 2 mode light. What's up with that?

I'm not sure which one I would like better, clicky or piston. They both operate pretty much the same right?

I'm leaning more toward the NDI, mainly just because it is the two mode light and I like the looks of it better (not that it matters). I just can't find a good reason why I should pay more for it when they both are pretty much the same, atleast in my eye.?.?

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tough choice. Both have similar max outputs and beam patterns. If the NDI came with a clip, it'd be the clear winner in my book. D10 doesn't have strobe and you need to ramp to your output while the NDI you can have it pre-set. The D10 does have a clip and it's a little cheaper.

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would go with the D10, an awesome AA light!

jgraham15

Enlightened
NDI all the way!!!!!!! :twothumbs

I love the NDI and it's UI is perfect for me! I hope NiteCore comes out with a bigger light (Olight I20 size) with at least 300 lumens and the same UI as the NDI. I would buy it in a second!!!!

Oh and :welcome:

slim whitman

Newly Enlightened
I like my NDI - it has a real switch, which I like -

Also, I have heard that the D10 has a parasitic drain on the batteries when not in use -

sw

jupello

Enlightened
I'd vote for the NDI because it has real forward clicky, cool looks and strobe mode.. but not everyone wants those :eek:

choaticwhisper

Enlightened
I really like my D10 GD+(Smooth Beam)
I got a AW 14500 today, Gave it nice little boost. I've Been using "Dura-loops." Its always been really when I need it.
I often carry it along with a thrower light.

Dan FO

Enlightened
For hard use I went with the NDI, it's a tougher light all the way around.

Igor Porto

Enlightened
I like my NDI - it has a real switch, which I like -

Also, I have heard that the D10 has a parasitic drain on the batteries when not in use -

sw

The intergrated circuit drains about 0.04mA it's so low that a battery would last a year.

I like the D10, if you've never had it, the Smart PD system is amazing. And a good change from the standard clicky switch, it feels good.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the solid feel of the piston drive switch on the D10. Has this technology proving to be ultra reliable as one would think?

Igor Porto

Enlightened
The guys who has been using it for longer than I am could tell us this, but the way it feels to me, it is more reliable than a click switch, although I have never had a switch fail on me.

Abyssos

Newly Enlightened
Looks like it's a pretty even split among CPFers for NDI and D10. They are both great. I have both. One thing to note about the D10 clip. It is a ***** to install, especially when it came defective from the vendor.

Last edited: