clicky vs. twisty

Status
Not open for further replies.

kodiak

Enlightened
My new ARC LSH-P is comming with the clicky switch. I have a LS1 second with a twisty. I was considering ordering the twisty for the LSH-P for I think I would like it shorter. Or would I like the clicky better, hmmmmmmm. I will have to wait and see. Will the LS1 twisty fit on the LSH-P? I hope the new one is .05 smaller diameter, so I don't know if it will fit. What do you guys and girls prefer?

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer the flat tail, so I can stand it on end... I have a Blemished LS2 (HD), and it fits the flat tail, but I don't have a more current LS to pair it to...

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
No question, the twisty. Only because of size. I like the clicky for ease of use but it makes it too large to make it my EDC.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I have a 123 twistie, and a 123, and 2AA clickie. For quick one handed use, clickie is winner, and the one I use, both on 123 and 2AA pack. If I had another Arc LS head I would set it up with twistie, and leave it that way. Bill

BF Hammer

Enlightened
I prefer the twisty. I tried to give the clicky that came with my LSH-S an honest tryout, but the extra 3/4 inch length just makes the package less useful to me. With a little grease on the O-ring and threads it will operate one-handed quite well. Since you will soon have both, you can try both setups for what will work better for you.

gyverpete

Enlightened
I don't have a clicky, and I don't want one. The compact size with the twisty 123 pack was the main selling point for me to buy the ARC-LS (hybid). It's my "largest" EDC light. I find it very easy to turn it on single handed. Minimal twist force is enough to activate it, no need to crush the battery, and it never flickers. But from what I've read, some people have had flickering issues with the clicky. My light also came with the 2AA pack but I never use it because it's the size of the minimag and I never EDC'd that either. The clicky 123 seems unneccesarily large for the light. I guess for the AA pack it's not as bad.

It's the TWISTY for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
According to Arc's website, the twisty is disfavored because it's incompatible with certain brands of batteries. I guess just pick a brand that works, and stay with it.

kodiak

Enlightened
I hope my LS1 twisty fits, because by my measurements when I take the exess material off (keyring ect.) my light will measure 2.185 in leanth! I'll be keeping it in my watch pocket so I won't need the key ring hole. If I don't like it I can allways put the clicky back on.

alberto

Enlightened
I prefer the twisty. In my opinion, the clicky is EXTREMELY ugly on this, or any, flashlight. Functionally it's nice but I can't stand the look and feel of it. Can't they find a way to make it flatter, like the tail switch on the Innova X5?

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't even give my clicky a chance, I tossed it in a drwawer as soon as I got it, and installed the twisty, and have never regretted it. I wanted the light as compact as possible, and it is nice to be able to stand it on end. I have tried it with several different battery brands. Duracell, Surefire, and I think Sanyo too, and it worked fine with every one.

-Keith

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a twistie on my stay-at-home Arc LS. I often stand it on end. But on the road, the clickie works better for me, because I use the momentary mode primarily.

jlfletc

Newly Enlightened
I've owned an original LS1, w/twisty, for about a year. I really wanted to try a clickie, but I hated to spend $30 just for a clickie powerpack. So, when the LS seconds became available for $60, I jumped at the chance to get a clickie power pack, and a new production, albeit blemished, LS head. I was pleased to see that the second I received was an LSH-P /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, and the blemish is barely noticeable. I've found that I like both ends equally well. I rotate carrying both lights. I usually carry an LS in my jeans "coin" pocket. The twisty fit very nicely, but the clickie fits as well, barely.

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
Ok Ok, after lots of intermittent use last night, I reinstalled the clicky..........man I love this light

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greenarcher, the twisty's not made by Arc anymore... You can probably get them from people selling them off, but that's basically it... It came with the first generation LSs...

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer the clicky switch, because two-handed operation annoys me. When I bought my first Arc LS in November, it had the twisty only. I later bought the clicky switch separately, and this changed my LS from a toy to something that I frequently used.

Status
Not open for further replies.