My First Fenix (TK11 R2)

DopeySRT

Newly Enlightened
First of all I want to thank everyone for their feedback from other threads. I searched through this site for weeks before making a decision on my new flashlight. I was looking into Eagletac, but loved Fenix for it's quality and looks. I only have had the light for a day, but love how it performs verses my old Inova TO3.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love mine aswell!
It was my first real torch

Great little torch... but its gotten me into to much trouble... money wise that is lol

nden

Newly Enlightened
Hehhe, glad you made that decision.

My first light is exactly the same :)

AusKipper

Enlightened
Nice choice go for a PD30 next.

I respectfully disagree.. that is too similar to what he already has ;)

I would say either a keychain light (LD01 or similar) or a substantially bigger light (TK40) should be next on the purchase list...

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I respectfully disagree to your disagreement.. :)

All kidding aside how is the PD30 similar to the TK11. The TK is a tactical light with 2 modes, its not the ideal EDC light.

The PD30 is a EDC light with multiple modes and carry's easily. And since he is already using CR123 he can use them for both lights.

To each is own though I can't disagree with the LD01 though.

AusKipper

Enlightened
I respectfully disagree to your disagreement.. :)

All kidding aside how is the PD30 similar to the TK11. The TK is a tactical light with 2 modes, its not the ideal EDC light.

The PD30 is a EDC light with multiple modes and carry's easily. And since he is already using CR123 he can use them for both lights.

To each is own though I can't disagree with the LD01 though.

Oh, I agree its not the same light, i know there are a lot of differences, and I know the PD30 would be easier to EDC than a TK11, but I EDC a TK10.. and its pretty similar. I also edc an LD01. I wouldnt however, EDC a TK10 and PD30 at the same time..

So in my suggestion enables DopeySRT to EDC 2 lights, instead of 1 :p

Though I agree, if i had purchased a PD30 at some point, i would be carrying one of those over a TK10/11 .

If I knew what i know now, My Fenix lineup would have been LD01, TK20 and TK40... and i would have saved all that money i spent on the others lol . Oh Well, live and you learn. Now i have lots of redundancy. (i dont have a Redundancy for the TK40 yet.. but when they release a smooth reflector..)

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gotcha now your assuming he is EDC the TK11 and can x 2 with a LD01. Which isn't a bad idea heck all Fenix fans should have a LD01 on the keychain eventually.

I was assuming he won't EDC the TK11 but want something he could. I could be wrong though. I wish I could carry a TK11 comfortably everyday.

Atleast we both agree he should get another Fenix. :)

thedeske

Enlightened
LD01 & PD30 were my first 2. The TK40 is the planned #3 to complete a S/M/L Fenix set.

The 40 is a much larger step than the 150 or so for the light. I wouldn't own it unless I had 16 extra Eneloops and a quality charger, so 250 or so to 'Get In'

This might be an exotic purchase for a rookie, but I get the impression I won't think so once I have it ;)

Congrats to DopeySRT on the TK11 - Nice Light