Thinking about the *Quarks* series by<4sevens

Status
Not open for further replies.

nudel

Newly Enlightened
Hey all,

i am very much looking forward to the Quarks series from 4sevens and asking alot of questions in his threads until i got this email which made me think a bit.

From 4 sevens to me :

[text deleted - DM51]

Now i am glad that david formulated it that nicely and was polite. (He could be a politician ;)
I can also understand some of the reasons he mentioned for his concerns.
Still I am a bit worried when a well respected member and now manufacturer of this board feels the urge to send an mail like this which basically sais he would rather like me not to ask questions which could hint to possible shortfalls of his lights because that could hurt his business.

I can understand that a manufacturer does not want the possible bad aspects of his upcomming lights to get spilled here (if there were any which i do not think) but isn`t that was CPF is about ?
I mean I come here partly because i want to know if a light is good or not BEFORE i buy it and not after.
So when 4 sevens sais "eveyone should get their own opinion" then that is true, but not by buying a light and after that discovering possible shortfalls ( if there should be any) !
That`s the reason i ask so many questions here and after all this forum is for asking questions and especially the 4 sevens subforum threads he started himself are for dicussing his design philosophys.Not just cheering.

So as the last word here: I do not intend in any way to hurt your business 4 sevens!
I am just trying to figure out if these lights are as fantastic as you present them so i can order them relaxed knowing i spend my money well.
One has to know the disadvantages of a light in order to see if they outweight the advantages.

And that is what i`m trying to find out.

Last edited by a moderator:

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
just a suggestion. wait until others (aka "the bold ones") have purchased them and see what they post on CPF before pulling the trigger on your own purchase.

is there really any reason to know ahead of time except to be one of the first to have one?

if you have concerns about quality or performance, just hold off a little (for my part, i don't - i expect both to be more than satisfactory, if not outstanding, based upon 4sevens' rep.).

his first production run is apparently 5000 units. will they all be sold in the first week? certainly the day or two after the first ones are in the hands of the CPF crowd, you will see multiple posts with others opinions and reviews. make your decision to purchase or not at that time.

loanshark

Enlightened
I think he was nicer than I would have been. I read your posts over at the MP, every one of you speculations was negative... I thought you added absolutely nothing to the conversation. That is not a good way for a newcomer to become acquainted with the folks here at CPF...

My father told me it's usually best that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. If you don't think you'll like the light, don't buy it. I guess for me the bottom line is, maybe you should look at this from a different angle. Criticisms are fine, but maybe you should not bark so loudly about your personal opinions when they might not be shared by the majority. Or maybe try to base them a bit more on fact than speculation.

Maybe just be less negative.

I would love to see this thread closed. I don't think it belongs here!!

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just about to post along the lines of what half-watt posted. I'll just cut it down to 'wait for the reviews'. The usual reviewers here are very fair and unbiased. To be honest, if I were 4sevens I woudn't want to be publically discussing possible reasons to not buy a product prior to it's release. No businessman would.

nudel

Newly Enlightened
I think he was nicer than I would have been. I read your posts over at the MP, every one of you speculations was negative... I thought you added absolutely nothing to the conversation. That is not a good way for a newcomer to become acquainted with the folks here at CPF...

My father told me it's usually best that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. If you don't think you'll like the light, don't buy it. I guess for me the bottom line is, maybe you should look at this from a different angle. Criticisms are fine, but maybe you should not bark so loudly about your personal opinions when they might not be shared by the majority. Or maybe try to base them a bit more on fact than speculation.

Maybe just be less negative.

I would love to see this thread closed. I don't think it belongs here!!

LOL how can one not speculate in a philosophy thread :nana:

Maybe YOU should do what your father told you yourself !
I`m not beeing negative at all rather aware and constructivly criticise .

+ I did almost no speculation, i asked questions . And I did not cheer without even knowing all about the lights like you. Now what is more helpful for a future buyer , your cheering about something you didn`t even see or my questions ?!

By the way your post was at the border to being offending :tsk: !Better read the board rules again it seems you`ve been here sooo long that you forgot them... .

Last edited:

loanshark

Enlightened
Let me break it down to what really matters to me. 4sevens is more involved here with his customers than any other dealer/ manufacturer I know of. Don't make him/them regret it. I believe they are trying very hard to give us what we want. Why not make it easy for them.

By the way I'm gonna do you a real favor. I already pre-ordered the single AA Quark. I'll be sure to inform you of everything I can learn about the light as soon as possible.

My advice to you (like the others have said) is to wait and see.

Oh and you calling 4sevens immature sounds like speculation to me. It's also a personal attack. In my opinion it is incorrect and does absolutely nothing to help prospective buyers.

nudel

Newly Enlightened
Let me break it down to what really matters to me. 4sevens is more involved here with his customers than any other dealer/ manufacturer I know of. Don't make him/them regret it. I believe they are trying very hard to give us what we want. Why not make it easy for them.

By the way I'm gonna do you a real favor. I already pre-ordered the single AA Quark. I'll be sure to inform you of everything I can learn about the light as soon as possible.

My advice to you (like the others have said) is to wait and see.

Oh and you calling 4sevens immature sounds like speculation to me. It's also a personal attack. In my opinion it is incorrect and does absolutely nothing to help prospective buyers.

That`s nice of you . Looking forward to your unbiased review :crackup:

As for the immature thing ... that was discussed already in the 4sevens thread and had a very solid reason because of which 4 sevens apologized to me there ! ...just to set it in the right light for you :kiss:

loanshark

Enlightened
I'm surpised you have time for new posts with all the editing you've been doing. I haven't really kept a close count but I'm guessing it's more than half of your posts that have been edited. Why is that?

I'm done with this thread, headed back to earth. Enjoy.

nudel

Newly Enlightened
I'm surpised you have time for new posts with all the editing you've been doing. I haven't really kept a close count but I'm guessing it's more than half of your posts that have been edited. Why is that?

I'm done with this thread, headed back to earth. Enjoy.

Beacause english is not my mother language and i am correcting my spelling as good as possible :mad:

And thank`s for that TOTALLY unproductive post ... like your other 3 but this last probably tops all. Demagogical and totally worthless. Think about it.

P.s. Don`t ask someone a question and then write "i`m done with this thread" and leave ... didn`t your father tell you that ?!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
It doesn`t matter what 47`s builds us...every one will want more...or less. But I`ll bet every one will be tickled pink with the performance/price/quality ratio.

Every light made has something thats not perfect for everyone. Not enough throw! Not enough flood! The lows to bright! The lows to dim! It`s to big! It`s to small for my hands! It`s to complicated! Not enough choices!

All one can do is try to start out with a product that will make the majority mostly happy. Then later perhaps make some for special interest folks. Floody...throwy...warm...bright as hell (maybe poor run time)...uses my favorite batt ect.

Above all though we will be getting a light backed by 47`s...and that means alot to every one.

But I am surprised that 47`s is worried although he shurly has a lot at stake $$.

It`s probably other flashlight companies that should be worried about these Quarky little lights.

Can`t end this post without a plug for my hopefull favorite...the MC-E 300 OTF lumen 18650 powered sweet thing.

nudel

Newly Enlightened
But I am surprised that 47`s is worried although he shurly has a lot at stake $$.

It`s probably other flashlight companies that should be worried about these Quarky little lights.

That`s why i posted all this. I was supprised too. And don`t quite know how to interpret this.

DM51

Flashaholic
This is an absurd thread. The lights aren't even released yet, and no-one has reviewed or even handled one. Despite this, you have been indulging in the sort of negative speculation that might be classified as bashing, or (perhaps more accurately) trolling. You also published the contents of a private communication. Take a week off, and read the rules. If you return, your behavior will need to have undergone a radical change for the better. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts