LD01 Output Comparison by cell type

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a quiet Saturday night... and I thought I'd do some testing and a rack-up on the output from my LD01, by cell type. Here are the results:

FenixLD01Output.jpg

When Fenix rates the LD01 on low at 10 lumens, would they be making that rating using basic AAA alkaline?

Interestingly, the AAA Eneloop had a lower voltage than the AAA alkaline, yet the light output was greater with the Eneloop than with the alkaline. Would that be because the Eneloop can provide more current than an alkaline can, even at a lower voltage? :thinking:

To see how this light's output compared to other popular lights:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/232944

Last edited:

TheInvader

Newly Enlightened
How do you do a ceiling bounce test?
I'm not getting this. It isn't posted anywhere. Is it a flashaholic inside secret?
Lemme in!
(I don't have a "light box" or a meter. WTF are those?)

bcwang

Enlightened
Interestingly, the AAA Eneloop had a lower voltage than the AAA alkaline, yet the light output was greater with the Eneloop than with the alkaline. Would that be because the Eneloop can provide more current than an alkaline can, even at a lower voltage? :thinking:

It looks like you're measuring open circuit voltage. When you put the battery under load, the voltage will be higher on the eneloop than the alkaline.