UK C8 LED

dcycleman

Enlightened
I have used the C8 LED on mabe half a dozen dives in either low light or no light conditions, and it is superb. my buddy has an incan pelican 4c model and it blows it away. it is really floody but powerful enough to throw far (for a dive light) I used it last night on a dive (no ambient light) and was gain very pleased. the handle is very ergonomic (pistol grip) and comes with a fairly good lanyard that sinches up around your wrist. though a retractor might be preffered. I really cant say anything bad about this light. If you get it you wont be dissapointed.

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
From the specs I have seen on the C8 LED there are much smaller cheaper lights out there that put out more light. The main benifit I see is the long run time due to the large battery pack.

DM51

Flashaholic
Subsequent posts went off-topic, discussing another light, the EDI-T. I have moved those posts to start a new thread here.

The topic of this thread is the UK C8 LED.

dcycleman

Enlightened
From the specs I have seen on the C8 LED there are much smaller cheaper lights out there that put out more light. The main benifit I see is the long run time due to the large battery pack.
yeah, I'm not an expert on dive lights, I bought this one on the recomendation of scuba diving magazine. they did a shootout and they preffered this light over some that where like four times the money. I dont know about the competetion, but I can say that for my purposes its great. (night diving usually in the atlantic off newengland. depths dont usually exceed 70 foot.) It does have good runtime, I have got like four dives out of a set of c's and its not dead yet. I'm sure there are many hardcore divers out there penetrating wrecks and caving and whatnot that might need more, but this one suits me.