My nitecore d10 is eating batteries!

BillG

Newly Enlightened
i put a new copper top in it, and it worked fine. had it clipped to my pocket for 5 days and then it wouldn't turn on. the cell was dead. put a new one in again and it worked fine. left it on my bureau for 7 days....and guess what!....the cell is dead .

whats going on?

thanks in advance...............Bill

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
if you bought it from 47s.. I'd just send them an email.

I've heard some reports of some D10s doing this.

BillG

Newly Enlightened
i did buy it from 47's. i do have eneloops. not sure what u want me to do with them though,

i sent 4 sevens an email.

Bill

Last edited:

vitekboi

Newly Enlightened
happened to me a couple times. turns out it accidentally turned on in my pocket. switched to momentary mode and hasn't happened since

BillG

Newly Enlightened
i have it in momentary mode now also. we'll see. although i didn't buy to be a twisty. i'll wait for 4sevens email back to me.

EXCALIBUR1

Newly Enlightened
I had the same problem with my D10 several months ago. After some emails, 4sevens.com had me mail my D10 back to them. They sent me a brand new replacement D10. This new one has been working perfectly.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light has a parasitic drain when used with the head tightened, but it should not eat a battery in 3-4 days. You have a bad one. Mine will eat a battery in about 4 months unless I loosen the head. It has been given the honorary title of shelf queen because of this "feature". :confused::devil:.

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
I have had my D10 turn on while in my pocket quite a lot of times. I loosen the head a bit to prevent it from being turned on accidentally as I move or fish through my pocket.

loanshark

Enlightened
This light has a parasitic drain when used with the head tightened, but it should not eat a battery in 3-4 days. You have a bad one. Mine will eat a battery in about 4 months unless I loosen the head. It has been given the honorary title of shelf queen because of this "feature". :confused::devil:.

If you let it eat a battery over the course of 4 months, it sounds like it was already a shelf queen.

To the OP, I would try an eneloop to see if the same thing happens... It's not impossible that you tried two junk batteries...

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you let it eat a battery over the course of 4 months, it sounds like it was already a shelf queen.

To the OP, I would try an eneloop to see if the same thing happens... It's not impossible that you tried two junk batteries...

I would keep it in my pocket for that long, but it was not used every day. No light should do this. I also should not have to configure a light in a way that I do not want to use it. There have also been many threads about this light coming on in peoples pocket and getting hot. This light has issues. I love the feel of it though, and the build quality.

tompen

Newly Enlightened
Mine has done the same thing, plus it's performance was spotty. Sent back to 4 7's and they replaced the head. The second one if I tighten the head all the way, the piston will not turn off the light, have to back off the head a little to get it to function right. Used primary's and 14500. I too love the size and feel of the light but I don't think the electronics are ready for Prime Time Yet!

dagored

Enlightened
Wow, reading these last couple of posts, I feel lucky. I have not experienced any of these problems.

I tried to induce the last one by tightening the head without stripping it. Did not go on. I back it off and then tighten it and it goes on, but the piston does its job. Off without a problem.

I am only stating this because I always seem to purchase items with minor irritating problems.

Have you taken it apart and cleaned the piston and threads and greased(silicon-NyoGel 760G) it, or products of your choice?