LED Baseball Bat

Alero

Enlightened
Saw this yesterday at a gun show and thought I should share:

http://www.hobbytool.com/ledbaseballbatflashlight.aspx

It's insanely heavy! Lordy would it do some damage! I can't believe it's aluminum and not steel. Sure feels like steel. Fairly bright and typical "3-watt LED" beam/color/brightness.

Only problem I can see (and it's a BIG problem!) is that if you're holding it, ready to swing in self defense, the light will be pointing in the wrong direction! I'm just amazed that they didn't think of that when they designed it. Funny thing is though, I didn't really think about it until this morning. Glad I didn't impulse buy it! But I'd rather have the 6 D-cell (with good drop-in LED) and bust-a-cap anyway.

For a bat, nothing beats my Cold Steel Brooklyn Crusher, but that's getting a bit off topic. :)

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been waiting for something like this. Imagine the heatsinking abilities of an aluminum bat.

Skeptic

Newly Enlightened
I saw and handled one of these at the Seattle CPF get together in April. Nice heft, I was thinking it would be nice to use to check tires on a large truck, however I don't think that the LED assembly would stand up to many knocks on the tires.

It was pretty cool though.

bodhran

Enlightened
I'm sure many people who might be interested in this kind of product, probably don't have the most honest intentions. Who comes up with these things?:thinking:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
yup, roadie is selling a HID version....he said he couldnt get an LED version yet though..if i recall..

Crenshaw

Illum

Flashaholic
yup, roadie is selling a HID version....he said he couldnt get an LED version yet though..if i recall..

Crenshaw

ouch...I don't think the ballast will feel anything but...whats the word on lateral "rapid deceleration" ratings for the lamp? :candle: