Single Cell Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polar_Hops

Enlightened
I know that for now, I probably have the best single cell 5mm LED light in exsistance (ARC AAA LE), in my opinion anyways. But the Infinity Ultra G... does that have a HA3 finish on it?? I am about to go buy one. AAA and AA single cell EDC lights have got to be the coolest thing in the world.

You can even suprise them by getting an Infinity and filling it with butane, screwing the cap back on and ask someone for help opening it. =) (PoP)

Is Inova's single cell AA going to run on a 5mm LED? if not, i dont see how it could really beat the ARC AAA, unless, because of it's bulk, it had a very large step up transformer in it.

Then a random comment. When they include a frequency with a voltage, that means it's AC, right? Because i remeber having a little "shock box" that could make a constant 1 inch spark. Just wondering if anyone knows how they work or where i could get one. sorry for going on about something other than god's finest creations- flashlights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
Yes the Ultra G is supposedly HA3. It's like an Arc AAA but bigger.

The Inova X1 will use a collimating optic that gives it more throw than the Arc or CMG.

I think someone should make a single AA Luxeon light about the size of the CMG or a little bit bigger. It might have to be underdriven a little, and runtime still wouldn't be so good, but it would make quite a bit more light than the 5mm leds can.

Polar_Hops

Enlightened
Before getting on the topic of Homemade flashlights, I think that a 2 cell flat or 3 cell AAA Triangular 3-5 regulated EDC light would be very, very cool. The only problem would be to make it smoothish looking, rather than 3-5 little dots. =\ I actually might try this sometime, if i could ever get nice, *little* dc to dc stepup transformers. Of coruse, this light, then, would cost more money. Everyone, sorry for posting this on the wrong forum

Status
Not open for further replies.