Jetbeam C-LE v1.2

trapperjay

Newly Enlightened
Anyone have any opinions/thoughts regarding this light for and EDC single AA light?

Magichunter

Newly Enlightened
Since this is an LED light, this thread probably belongs in the LED section.

Having said that, I've owned several and they make an excellent edc. Small, well made and bright. Runs off any AA except 14500's. Changeable modes with memory after two seconds.

If you can find one in good shape in the marketplace, don't hesitate. I don't believe that you can find them new anymore.

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also owned one of these lights until a week ago when I gave it away. It's a good AA light.

Pros:
Quite a small light and decent light output for its size
Tough
Saphire window (if I remember correctly)
GITD ring around window (barely noticeable however)
Simple UI

Cons:
Uses PWM for dimming (but it's reasonably fast, better than L0D-CE)
Battery can rattle if you unscrew the head too far or if the foam washer is old as there is no spring
Circuit not quite as efficient as other lights in it's class

Mr_Light

Enlightened
I EDC this light (actually the original V1.0?) and have had no problems. I really like the UI starting in medium, very useable brightness. This is about at small as AA lights get.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, it's a small light that's worth having.

2nu1t7s.jpg

I still use mine from time to time (actually I have two of them) because the beam is pleasant and the medium level ideal for many home chores. :)

ergotelis

Enlightened
I have one too.The circuit is very efficient in high, but due to Pwm it is a bit lower in low and med. Overall i think it is efficient enough.
I modded it with a R2 WH from Cutter, UCL glass and a smooth reflector, i am now getting 2000+ lux at 1m on high! Doubled throw output!!!

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a wonderful little light. I find the beam profile to be very useful. Compared to most of my Cree lights the hotspot is really pronounced along with a much dimmer spill. Make sure to put the foam cushion in tail end of the battery tube to prevent crushing and you'll be good to go.

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very reliable twisty, never had a problem with 3 I own. Not the brightest out there but very efficient and a nice design. Let's also mention the memory mode wich was one of the first light to introduce.

Latest posts